The Student Room Group

Stopped seeing a girl that I was deeply connected to, I want her back. Whats next?

Don't usually talk about my feelings, i'm a bit too hard headed to speak to any of my mates about this - so decided to post on here. I met this girl a while back, and pretty much fell in love with her on the first date. Never had that connection that quickly with anyone before. She said she felt the same too. A month down the line and we start to drift because I started feeling a bit down for various reasons, partially her and partially other things etc and didn't really tell her the reason. She didn't want to get hurt like she did in the past so we went through a bit of a rough patch. We then agreed to end it despite still having feelings for each other and that was it. I felt horrible for a couple days afterwards, couldn't really speak to anyone about it. She went through a bit of a rough patch mentally too. Then a week later she texts me saying I miss you and we agree to meet in person and have a proper chat. I end up going out that night and I bumped into one of her ex's who said that she had said she still had feelings for him last week. I then told her that I didn't want to speak to her and that I had kissed another girl when I was drunk when we initially drifted. About a month on and I miss her loads, keep having dreams about her. I was a bit of a ********, but I want her back. Not sure it's the best idea though. Just find it weird how I have these feelings for a girl I met two months ago.
Just tell her exactly what you said here. Coming from a girl, honesty is definitely the best way forward. Be calm and not too desperate, just ask to chat, explain what happened and tell her your feelings. If you want her back that is. Mayeb get her flowers but not necessary, nice touch tho. Good luck:smile:you seem nice so youre gonna be fine x
Only one bit pops out to me...

Her ex said that she wanted him back... this was before telling you that she missed you.. I’m guessing the ex was even the one that rejected her after she said that... what did he say?

From the looks of it, she wants someone to fall back on and you’re the only one that’s available. Currently, it doesn’t look too good the way you’ve put it ngl.

There must have been a reason initially too that you were feeling down because of her.
Reply 3
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Only one bit pops out to me...

Her ex said that she wanted him back... this was before telling you that she missed you.. I’m guessing the ex was even the one that rejected her after she said that... what did he say?

From the looks of it, she wants someone to fall back on and you’re the only one that’s available. Currently, it doesn’t look too good the way you’ve put it ngl.

There must have been a reason initially too that you were feeling down because of her.

Cheers for the reply bud.

Ex is the wrong word to use here, they were sleeping with each for a little while a few months before I met her. I know the lad quite well, and he's seeing another girl at the minute. She said the feelings were dealt with there and then, but I was obviously just annoyed with her and didn't really give her a chance to say anything. She said that to him after we had stopped speaking so I was thinking she seen him as the rebound. Not too sure though.

Yeah I guess so... had mixed feelings half way through just because I thought things were moving too quick and maybe she wasn't right for me but I got over those feelings pretty quickly and realised how I felt about her.
Reply 4
Original post by brionyvj
Just tell her exactly what you said here. Coming from a girl, honesty is definitely the best way forward. Be calm and not too desperate, just ask to chat, explain what happened and tell her your feelings. If you want her back that is. Mayeb get her flowers but not necessary, nice touch tho. Good luck:smile:you seem nice so youre gonna be fine x

Thanks for the reply.

To be honest I don't think she wants to speak to me, I messaged her a few days ago and she didn't reply. The most sensible thing to do is to probably just leave it, but I do miss her - we were both mad about each other. She's definitely too afraid of getting hurt, and I think I've broke her trust a bit.
Original post by Anonymous
Cheers for the reply bud.

Ex is the wrong word to use here, they were sleeping with each for a little while a few months before I met her. I know the lad quite well, and he's seeing another girl at the minute. She said the feelings were dealt with there and then, but I was obviously just annoyed with her and didn't really give her a chance to say anything. She said that to him after we had stopped speaking so I was thinking she seen him as the rebound. Not too sure though.

Yeah I guess so... had mixed feelings half way through just because I thought things were moving too quick and maybe she wasn't right for me but I got over those feelings pretty quickly and realised how I felt about her.

Well... she only told you that she missed you because the guy she was seeing said no to her, this could clearly be implied. Because only a week later she tells you that, but that week before that she said it to the other guy.

Even if she said to him after you stopped talking, you’d think that she wouldn’t have moved on from you but instead waited to tell you that she missed you. Or waited for whatever that rough patch you were going through was... since it was such a short time duration. Nothing was stopping her from giving you a bit of hope.

I do think that, instead of dumping her, you should’ve maybe gone a break with things. Now, you’re in a weird situation.

I do think that you should have what I just said back in mind before thinking of getting back in contact with her though - but, there’s actually no reasons that are restricting you, ultimately, for not contacting her back.
Thanks for the reply.

To be honest I don't think she wants to speak to me, I messaged her a few days ago and she didn't reply. The most sensible thing to do is to probably just leave it, but I do miss her - we were both mad about each other. She's definitely too afraid of getting hurt, and I think I've broke her trust a bit.

If you really are looking to get back with her, youre right, give it time for her to build trust. If not, just move on- plenty more fish in the sea.:smile:
Thanks for the reply.

Point proven. I doubt she cares about you champ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending