Cathy123456789
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am starting a Masters at Reading next Semester. I'm looking at private accommodation. Which are the best/safest areas to live in?
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cathy123456789)
I am starting a Masters at Reading next Semester. I'm looking at private accommodation. Which are the best/safest areas to live in?
Hey Cathy123456789,

Congratulations on getting your offer it's so exciting! There's a variety of different private accommodation you can live in either a flat, shared housing etc. We actually have a thread made by us that can give you some links to different private accommodation providers. In terms of the best/safest areas I couldn't give you advice about that however, I know that the area around Blenheim Rd is perhaps one of the more predominant student areas. Saying that there are a huge number of students around Wokingham Rd too.

I hope this helps you out and feel free to let us know if there are any other questions you may have!
From,

Amina😊
3rd year pharmacy student
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Congrats 🎉 can I ask what subject? I’ve not applied yet but waiting on the admissions team first. Hard to know as want to check out other places but have accommodation. If you want to be close by check Christchurch Road and Shinfield road. Good luck. Amina is a great rep from what can see.
Cathy123456789
Rep:
?
(Original post by UniofReading)
Hey Cathy123456789,

Congratulations on getting your offer it's so exciting! There's a variety of different private accommodation you can live in either a flat, shared housing etc. We actually have a thread made by us that can give you some links to different private accommodation providers. In terms of the best/safest areas I couldn't give you advice about that however, I know that the area around Blenheim Rd is perhaps one of the more predominant student areas. Saying that there are a huge number of students around Wokingham Rd too.

I hope this helps you out and feel free to let us know if there are any other questions you may have!
From,

Amina😊
3rd year pharmacy student
Thank you so much Amina.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Also there is a coop on campus and some shops, take always Christchurch road. Personally I would try to get on campus as lovely to have the lake there.
Cathy123456789
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Also there is a coop on campus and some shops, take always Christchurch road. Personally I would try to get on campus as lovely to have the lake there.
This is all really helpful advice. Thank you
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi Cathy, You are welcome. I m from here originally so strange coming back and reacquainting myself. I’m applying to do a masters as well but not sure meet the criteria what are you doing and congrats? I know what it’s like being in a new place.
There is a cash point at the coop too that’s where I go but a bit of a walk. That’s why I would live nearer there if possible. Traffic can be bad if have a car. I don’t I walk. There are dodgy places and people like anywhere so do have to be careful but the campus and nearby seems ok. The oracle is ok too. Parts of whitely are ok I’m there it’s not worse than parts of London.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Also Erleigh Road has a coop and cafes. There’a also shops cafes in RBH. Anyway feel free to ask things. Where are you coming from? There’s also theatres and music scene obv all shut down with COVID.
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I agree - the campus really is beautiful!!

If anyone has any questions about the campus then please do ask away, one of us will be happy to help

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
Namita28
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Cathy,
I am too starting a Masters the next semester. Which subject did you apply for? I am looking into private accommodations as well. Are you an international student?
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Namita28)
Hey Cathy,
I am too starting a Masters the next semester. Which subject did you apply for? I am looking into private accommodations as well. Are you an international student?
Hey Namita28!

Great to hear you're coming to Reading - we can't wait to welcome you! What course will you be studying?

Do let us know if you have any questions at all.

See you in September!

Skye
1st Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Cathy123456789
Rep:
?
(Original post by Namita28)
Hey Cathy,
Hi,
I have to admit I am actually a Mum of a student who is about to start a Masters in Business Management. I have been very grateful for all the advice and I have passed this on to my daughter.
Thanks,
Cathy
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
I have to admit I am actually a Mum of a student who is about to start a Masters in Business Management. I have been very grateful for all the advice and I have passed this on to my daughter.
Thanks,
Cathy
Hi Cathy123456789,

Really glad we could help. Good luck to them with the masters! Please do let us know if we can help with anything else.

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
Last edited by UniofReading; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (37)
28.91%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.59%
No I am happy with my choice (71)
55.47%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.03%

Watched Threads