rosiewooding
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am going to drama school in September and am applying for student finance for food costs but not other costs so was wondering how much money to factor in for food per week - could anyone give me an idea of how much they spend on food per week?
themagics1992
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rosiewooding)
Hi, I am going to drama school in September and am applying for student finance for food costs but not other costs so was wondering how much money to factor in for food per week - could anyone give me an idea of how much they spend on food per week?
I'm not a student (yet) however I'm 28 and although my food bill is little strange as I eat few takeaways and home cooked food I don't really notice how much I spend but............
I did write down budgets for future University and I've read things however it does actually relate to your diet needs also.

Are you vegan/veggie?
Will you be cooking for yourself?
Do you eat regular takeaways?
Do you/will you be eating out at restaurants with friends?
Do you buy cheaper foods rather than bigger brands? E.g Tesco bread vs warburtons bread?
How much do you eat?

If you live on takeaways and restaurants your food bill will be £100 plus per week (7day).
If you were to cook 7 days a week and have the cheaper alternative I.e non branded foods from supermarket you could perhaps do 7 days of food on £40 - £50 per week (7day).

I suggest look at the area you will be studying see what supermarkets are around such as tesco/asda or what ever is around then start to look at prices of foods to give you a rough idea as it's hard to estimate as everyone is different.
If you was super strict with money see if there is a lidl/aldi near your campus.
rosiewooding
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
That is great, very helpful, thank you for your response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.14%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.82%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (39)
11.4%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.74%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.97%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (15)
4.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (36)
10.53%
Financial worries (24)
7.02%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.39%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.14%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.23%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.31%

Watched Threads