What do you like about studying at the University of Bedfordshire?

Watch
fareeha_mj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This thread could be helpful to those who consider coming in and fun for those who would like to share opinions about studying here!

I shall start 😁

What I like about studying at the University of Bedfordshire (Luton Square) is that it is located at the heart of the town, therefore you have easy access to other entertainment facilities such as the Galaxy, eateries, game arcade and shopping centre. So I always come to the Mall with my friends during our free time.

Now, about the studies itself, although it hasn't got a high ranking (which is what puts people off), I think the teaching is great as well as the resources they provide online and on campus via the Library that has 6 floors, built a couple of years ago. The Discovery database is very wide and is used by students for academic resources.
The STEM Bulding which was constructed last year has amazing facilities for those studying Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths related subjects. It is as if you are in a professional workplace because there are loads of rooms for practical work.
Law students have access to rooms that have the resemblance of courts rooms.

I am not going to say too much so that it leaves a bit of info for others who would like to pitch in!

However mind you that I am a student who quit Hertfordshire to move to Bedfordshire and it's a decision I will never regret. Plus, I live in Luton. People peer pressured me into going to Herts which I did and regretted and wasted time and money.
PebblesFolorunso
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I am a student ambassador for the Bedfordshire Bedford campus. One thing I love about this campus is that it is very small, which gives you a better rapport with your lecturers, as they are not spread out and shared between hundreds of students. It also makes it a lot easier to navigate around the campus and less likely to get lost. It also has a shuttle bus that is completely free for students and staff, across all the university’s campuses, which takes you round the main parts of Bedfordshire, such as the town centre, bus and train stations, the Alexander sports centre and much more.
Last edited by PebblesFolorunso; 1 month ago
fareeha_mj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PebblesFolorunso)
Hello, I am a student ambassador for the Bedfordshire Bedford campus. One thing I love about this campus is that it is very small, which gives you a better rapport with your lecturers, as they are not spread out and shared between hundreds of students. It also makes it a lot easier to navigate around the campus and less likely to get lost. It also has a shuttle bus that is completely free for students and staff, across all the university’s campuses, which takes you round the main parts of Bedfordshire, such as the town centre, bus and train stations, the Alexander sports centre and much more.
Hi Pebbles!

It's great to see how the Bedford is haha, I am an ambassador for the Luton Campus
KatieBedford
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I am also a Bedford Campus Ambassador.
I have found having small class sizes to be really beneficial and have always been able to ask any questions I need to my tutors and receive a prompt response. I have never been given a lesson in a big lecture hall addressing hundreds of students; only ever small classes (even smaller than those in secondary school), which has made the learning feel personalised and accessible.
Katie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.78%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.79%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (33)
23.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.1%

Watched Threads