Ahsan4472
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I have started my 4 years course in 2020/2021. My student finance status is as migrant worker as I m spouse of EU national. I have received my settle status on 1st March 2021.
Is it possible to switch from migrant worker to home student for the year 2021/2022 and for the rest of my course?
I have called SFE and the guy said I can’t but I have read some where that the regulations have changed and now we can change from migrant worker to home student. Is it true?
Last edited by Ahsan4472; 1 month ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ahsan4472)
Hi,
I have started my 4 years course in 2020/2021. My student finance status is as migrant worker as I m spouse of EU national. I have received my settle status on 1st March 2021.
Is it possible to switch from migrant worker to home student for the year 2021/2022 and for the rest of my course?
I have called SFE and the guy said I can’t but I have read some where that the regulations have changed and now we can change from migrant worker to home student. Is it true?
Hi, it is possible.

To switch once you have settled status you must have 3 years residency in the UK prior to the first day of the first academic year.

So if your course started in 2020, you need to have been in the UK since the 01/09/2017.

You can create your 21/22 application and upload your EU settled status share code http://ow.ly/SPsB30rpd92 and we will assess you as a home student.

Apologies you got wrong information on the phone, it's a new change to the regulations.
Thanks, Isaac
Ahsan4472
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, it is possible.

To switch once you have settled status you must have 3 years residency in the UK prior to the first day of the first academic year.

So if your course started in 2020, you need to have been in the UK since the 01/09/2017.

You can create your 21/22 application and upload your EU settled status share code http://ow.ly/SPsB30rpd92 and we will assess you as a home student.

Apologies you got wrong information on the phone, it's a new change to the regulations.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you for your reply.

I have spoken to two of SLC advisors and both said that I can’t and that’s why I was confused.

Thank you for clearing that out for me. I will now proceed 21/22 application with the settled status share code.

do I need to fill in the paper application or can I apply online?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ahsan4472)
Thank you for your reply.

I have spoken to two of SLC advisors and both said that I can’t and that’s why I was confused.

Thank you for clearing that out for me. I will now proceed 21/22 application with the settled status share code.

do I need to fill in the paper application or can I apply online?
As you applied as a Migrant Worker last year ,the system will allow you to apply online.

After applying online, please upload the share code http://ow.ly/SPsB30rpd92
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.62%
Excited but a bit nervous (115)
45.63%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.1%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads