The Student Room Group

Accounting apprenticeship

i’ve got an accounting apprenticeship interview coming up at a legal firm and just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare? i’ve researched the place i’d be working at but other than that not much
Reply 1
Original post by tanyxm.ichaels
i’ve got an accounting apprenticeship interview coming up at a legal firm and just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare? i’ve researched the place i’d be working at but other than that not much

Hi! Have they specified which type of interview they'll be doing (e.g. behavioural, technical, competency etc)? If they have, try and find the most common questions that are asked in that type of interview. Also prepare the basics, like your introduction, strengths, weaknesses etc. If they have talked about the company values or soft skill requirements of the job, look through your cv and personal experiences to find positive stories to talk about. Best to use a structured method for concise answers too - the company I interviewed with last week asked me to prepare my answers using the STAR method. Lastly, have a list of questions. 2/3 should be enough, and bring a notepad and pen to jot down answers and any other questions you think of - you'll look super proactive and prepared :smile:
Original post by alm353
Hi! Have they specified which type of interview they'll be doing (e.g. behavioural, technical, competency etc)? If they have, try and find the most common questions that are asked in that type of interview. Also prepare the basics, like your introduction, strengths, weaknesses etc. If they have talked about the company values or soft skill requirements of the job, look through your cv and personal experiences to find positive stories to talk about. Best to use a structured method for concise answers too - the company I interviewed with last week asked me to prepare my answers using the STAR method. Lastly, have a list of questions. 2/3 should be enough, and bring a notepad and pen to jot down answers and any other questions you think of - you'll look super proactive and prepared :smile:

Hiya no they didn’t specify unfortunately but I did get an email with some tips!! Also do you know what retail skills would be transferable to an accounting apprenticeship? Hope your last interview went well! Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by tanyxm.ichaels
Hiya no they didn’t specify unfortunately but I did get an email with some tips!! Also do you know what retail skills would be transferable to an accounting apprenticeship? Hope your last interview went well! Thanks

Hi! My interview went really well - I got in! I'm just going through the onboarding process just now before I start my training. :smile:

As for transferable retail skills, things like teamworking, communication, liaising with clients/customers, numeracy skills, organisational & time management skills, etc would be relevant for accounting. I would recommend making a list of things you've done in your job (and in your free time as well) that match the soft & hard skills mentioned in the job description, and look online for skills mentioned in other accounting apprenticeship job descriptions as well, just to cover your bases :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending