Jenna.s.watson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I accidentally ran a red light the other day I genuinely didn’t notice it was red. Does anyone know if these are red light cameras or sensors please, I can’t stop worrying Name:  389C1D37-9E88-4ED7-ADFE-912EA4AA35C1.jpg.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  17.9 KB
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could be a red light camera…
Could also be a motion sensor set on the pavement so that if the crossing button is pressed but it doesn’t sense someone, it doesn’t beep
Jenna.s.watson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ahh ok😬 worried now
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jenna.s.watson)
I accidentally ran a red light the other day I genuinely didn’t notice it was red. Does anyone know if these are red light cameras or sensors please, I can’t stop worrying Name:  389C1D37-9E88-4ED7-ADFE-912EA4AA35C1.jpg.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  17.9 KB
How does one "accidentally" run a red light?

ItsOnlyASensor
TheDE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
How does one "accidentally" run a red light?

ItsOnlyASensor
Good thing there wasn't a car coming/person crossing or this might be a "I accidentally killed someone" thread.

To OP: you can't accidentally run a red light if you're paying attention to what you're doing when you're behind a wheel, it takes a conscious effort to take your attention away from the road. You were purposefully doing something that led you to miss the light, break the law & place others in danger.
Last edited by TheDE; 1 month ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think I'm right in saying that all red light cameras are signposted, (happy to be corrected, but all the ones on my regular routes are).

Of course, no one wants to admit not paying attention to both the signage and the lights.

(PS. It's a sensor but that doesn't mean there wasn't a camera 2ft out of frame)
SadiyaSquared
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
could be that google maps camera. i know its mainly on a car but they must have some hanging up in other places?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SadiyaSquared)
could be that google maps camera. i know its mainly on a car but they must have some hanging up in other places?
They're all mounted on a car, bike or backpack. They don't have stationary cameras.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (10)
34.48%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (16)
55.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (1)
3.45%

Watched Threads