Futuredentist26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am a 4th year physiotherapy student in Ireland and would like to study entry dentistry in England. As I am an Irish citizen, under the Common Area Travel Agreement, I am still entitled to pay the same amount of tuition as domestic students living in England, regardless of the new rules for EU students due to Brexit. I read that it was possible to apply for student finance for a second degree for courses such as dentistry and medicine.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Futuredentist26)
Hi, I am a 4th year physiotherapy student in Ireland and would like to study entry dentistry in England. As I am an Irish citizen, under the Common Area Travel Agreement, I am still entitled to pay the same amount of tuition as domestic students living in England, regardless of the new rules for EU students due to Brexit. I read that it was possible to apply for student finance for a second degree for courses such as dentistry and medicine.
Hi is this undergraduate dentistry or graduate entry dentistry? Or is it a dental hygiene/therapy course?
Thanks, Isaac
Futuredentist26
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi is this undergraduate dentistry or graduate entry dentistry? Or is it a dental hygiene/therapy course?
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, it's for graduate entry dentistry!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, it's for graduate entry dentistry!
For graduate entry dentistry(and medicine), our guidance says:

Tuition Fees
Year 1 – The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 – The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 – The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Your previous study will not affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Futuredentist26
Rep:
?
Thank you so much Isaac for the response and information.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much Isaac for the response and information.
You're welcome. I hope you have a great weekend
Medic Mind
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
Let me know if you have any questions about applying to do Dentistry!

Numra
Year 3 Dental Stuent
Medic Mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads