Spent 3hrs on maths still don't get it :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Last night my friend sat with me and went over some maths questions that I was stuck on. We worked on them for 3 hours and I still don't understand how to do it. I mean I look at the question, it's in the format of the 20 I just did and still can't do it. I wanted to cry I feel so stupid. I am taking medication for my mental health which I think slows me down a lot but I don't know how I'm going to pass my exams if I can't do simple maths problems.

Great, now I'm crying because I'm so ****ing stupid. Is there anything I can do to fix my thinking because the meds make it so hard?
magnetodespacito
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe speak to your doctor if meds are impacting school? in regards to the maths you could post it here, im sure someone will be able to help. I dont know your situation but am understanding of mental health having an effect on ur work, and honestly all I can really say is to give yourself a bit of a breather? as in your personal wellbeing is so much more important than a maths problem ((:
phaz0rz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Last night my friend sat with me and went over some maths questions that I was stuck on. We worked on them for 3 hours and I still don't understand how to do it. I mean I look at the question, it's in the format of the 20 I just did and still can't do it. I wanted to cry I feel so stupid. I am taking medication for my mental health which I think slows me down a lot but I don't know how I'm going to pass my exams if I can't do simple maths problems.

Great, now I'm crying because I'm so ****ing stupid. Is there anything I can do to fix my thinking because the meds make it so hard?
You shouldn't feel stupid. Maths is one of those topics that often depends on previous topics. For example, You might be trying to learn Trigonometry, but if your geometry is weak, you will struggle to truly understand what is going on with Trigonometry. Maths is brutal because you can't slack off because that topic you slacked off for might be used later on down the line for something else. Good luck
Last edited by phaz0rz; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by magnetodespacito)
maybe speak to your doctor if meds are impacting school? in regards to the maths you could post it here, im sure someone will be able to help. I dont know your situation but am understanding of mental health having an effect on ur work, and honestly all I can really say is to give yourself a bit of a breather? as in your personal wellbeing is so much more important than a maths problem ((:
I spoke to my doc and he said I just need to drink more coffee to focus better. It's bull, I tried that and I still keep ending up in tears. Like I read the question and the explanation of how to do it and nothing goes in. I had a day off yesterday and all it did was make me stress out worse. I just can't focus on the words and absorb them. :cry2:

I don't know what to do, I feel so frustrated and upset as I have a lot riding on this exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.62%
Excited but a bit nervous (115)
45.63%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.1%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads