Who do I get to do a letter of recommendation for me?

Watch
Sonicalireza
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm looking to apply to do my masters in the US. I'm guessing I need some letters of recommendation but I have no idea who to ask. I made the mistake of not turning up to many lectures and such, but funnily enough my grades are fine. So other than like my tutor I have no idea who to ask. The deadlines for most applications in the US seem to be around December time.
ashalalabaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sonicalireza)
I'm looking to apply to do my masters in the US. I'm guessing I need some letters of recommendation but I have no idea who to ask. I made the mistake of not turning up to many lectures and such, but funnily enough my grades are fine. So other than like my tutor I have no idea who to ask. The deadlines for most applications in the US seem to be around December time.
Just ask your teachers in your best performing subjects or the teachers you have the best connection to, or any employers or anyone who knows you professionally or academically, and hope they write a good recomendation, or you could ask for them to give you the letter and ask everyone and only send the ones that are best for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.97%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.39%
No I am happy with my choice (81)
56.64%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads