amiemitchell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am starting my A levels in september (2021) and am taking maths, physics and chemistry. At GCSE I achieved (predicted grades but I did work hard) 9s in all three subjects. I am really going to work hard in my A levels and am kind of aiming for 3 A stars, or at least two A’s and one A star. Do I have high expectations or is this possible if I work hard?
Ashprit
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anything is possible if you work hard. I nearly got all 9s in gcses and im getting quite good grades now in AS. its hard though so be prepared. like to to learn some as content. it helps
HannahB04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I am in Year 12,studying maths, physics, chemistry and geography. A levels are harder than GCSE obviously (congrats on your results they are really good). Wanting A’s is really good and there is no reason why you can’t achieve this, the language and content is obviously harder but I would talk your subject teachers as they will be able to help you get the higher grades as well
ttennitt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, i'm at the end of year 12 now and set myself goals like yours, with similar GCSE grades. i found that you shouldn't be disappointed if you begin with Bs and Cs (although i do humanities my science friends say the same!) and by the end of year 12 i've found myself getting the grades i wanted at the beginning. a levels are a lot harder, but there's no harm in setting goals! just don't feel pressured to get all A*s throughout year 12
LianaAsh03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is definitely possible if you put in the effort ! I am at the end of Y12 now and do Chemistry, Physics , Maths and Further Maths ; with these kind of subjects you have to put in the effort to see the results definitely. I made the mistake of being complacent going in with 9s expecting it to be easy but it’s nothing like GCSEs. I got many Ds and Cs before i started getting my As so never be disheartened by whats on the paper just keep at it
tej3141
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LianaAsh03)
This is definitely possible if you put in the effort ! I am at the end of Y12 now and do Chemistry, Physics , Maths and Further Maths ; with these kind of subjects you have to put in the effort to see the results definitely. I made the mistake of being complacent going in with 9s expecting it to be easy but it’s nothing like GCSEs. I got many Ds and Cs before i started getting my As so never be disheartened by whats on the paper just keep at it
What FM options did you choose?
Buddy_1912
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I’m going into my second year at college in September and I’ve just got my formal assessments back. I got 2 As and an A*. I put in all the effort I could and got the results, so yes it is possible! But remember grades are not everything. If you get a bad result thats okay. Look at where you went wrong and just keep on trying. That’s all you can do. Good luck!
LianaAsh03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tej3141)
What FM options did you choose?
I have only started my further course a month ago , as far as im aware there is a mandatory core pure but it seems like my school are automatically making us do statistics and mechanics as our options
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (43)
27.56%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.97%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.05%

Watched Threads