Atypicalstudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have just graduated from my first degree and in September will be starting a professional qualification in veterinary medicine and surgery. I have applied for student finance and have been given a large amount of maintenance loan (greater than what I received annually in my previous degree).

I am wondering will I continue to get this amount for the next 5 years of my course or will this just be a one time payment? I have already received maintenance loan for the past 3 years of my previous degree. I am not eligible for tuition fee loans.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like you have been classed as an independent student and so your household income is assessed based on any spouse you have and not on your parents.
If you’re classed as independent then that will continue for the duration of your new course
Atypicalstudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
It sounds like you have been classed as an independent student and so your household income is assessed based on any spouse you have and not on your parents.
If you’re classed as independent then that will continue for the duration of your new course
I don't think that's right. My parents had to send in how much they make, etc for my application to go through.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
32.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
5.88%
No I am happy with my choice (19)
55.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads