Flave21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I still currently have a crush on someone, who I think she's still with her bf and I could say we used to work together in the same company, but she left. Before she left, I know that I fancied her (since my first day of work). On the day she left, that's when I confess my crush to her (I was gonna say it in front of her as well, but she's busy). I worry that when I see her (maybe from a distance) again or decided to go back to where I currently work, I might feel a bit or a lot awkward around her.

I'm thinking of getting over my crush, I need help so is there any advice on how to get over?
Last edited by Flave21; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, since you don’t actually know if she has a BF or not, I wouldn’t let it bother you. Having a crush on someone these days mean nothing, I doubt she’d be thinking about it. What did she say to you when you confessed?

To get over her; similar thing applies in every case, distract yourself with other things - hobbies, interests or even try finding someone new.
Askellad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It gets harder to move on from a relationship with time. However if this relationship was a human it'd be an embryo. You ain't even a thing, you'll find a new person to crush over easy just put yourself out there and in the meantime find something else to occupy your mind with.
Flave21
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Well, since you don’t actually know if she has a BF or not, I wouldn’t let it bother you. Having a crush on someone these days mean nothing, I doubt she’d be thinking about it. What did she say to you when you confessed?

To get over her; similar thing applies in every case, distract yourself with other things - hobbies, interests or even try finding someone new.
I know she has a bf, because before I confessed to her, she told me on that day she's busy and plans to see her bf, so I sent her a message (because I was gonna do it in person) saying 'I fancied you' and she replied 'I appreciate it'.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Flave21)
I know she has a bf, because before I confessed to her, she told me on that day she's busy and plans to see her bf, so I sent her a message (because I was gonna do it in person) saying 'I fancied you' and she replied 'I appreciate it'.

Yeah, probably just take it as an on-the-chin rejection. Fancying someone could mean physical or personality attraction, seems like she took it as the former. A compliment type thing. I do think you shouldn’t have said it when you knew she had a BF though, that’s a bit silly.

Obviously she’ll be less likely to go further than that because she has a boyfriend. Don’t dwell on it too much.

Get over her in the mean time; distract yourself with hobbies, interests or even try finding someone new.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
Joan B
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What did she say when you confessed your crush on her? If its just a crush and nothing more just stay away from her and it will disappear with time.
Flave21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joan B)
What did she say when you confessed your crush on her? If its just a crush and nothing more just stay away from her and it will disappear with time.
She said she appreciated it, also are you suggesting that I should avoid and forget if I ever see her again?
Last edited by Flave21; 1 month ago
Joan B
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah it doeant seem to be mutual , she was just being nice to you to avoid hurting you.
Flave21
Rep:
?
Would it be wrong if I were to make friend with the one who I fancied?
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Flave21)
Would it be wrong if I were to make friend with the one who I fancied?

Imo, yes. I, personally, can’t be friends with someone I fancy. Best thing to do would be trying to keep your distance as much as possible. There’s only so much that can go as a friendship; you’ll want much more as time progresses and you don’t want to be doing that to yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (44)
27.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.81%
No I am happy with my choice (89)
55.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (12)
7.55%

Watched Threads