What does ‘100 best credits’ mean??? In Uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What does is mean when a Uni handbook says that your “100 best credits” from stage 2 and stage 3 will be used to calculate your final grade??

Many thanks.
Anonymous #1
Bump : )
Anonymous #1
Bump again, sorry. I’ve tried googling it
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Students normally taken modules with a value of 120 credits each year. At your uni only your best 100 credits in second and third years are used to calculate your final grade.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What does is mean when a Uni handbook says that your “100 best credits” from stage 2 and stage 3 will be used to calculate your final grade??

Many thanks.
Which university are you attending?
We can find your university's classification and awarding policy and help you from there.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

From what you have said it seems like the University will select best 100 out of 120 credit from stage 2 and 3 - which I assume would be year 2 and year 3. This means that your worse 20 credits in each year will be discounted - which will be positive for your final classification.

It might be worth contacting your student support team in your University to make sure this is correct as it is difficult to know without knowing the details of your course / University. I hope this is helpful anyway

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I assume it means ignore the lowest 20 credits (though mine are all 15 or 30 credits so wouldn’t be able to pick 20!)
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's worth checking you're doing and honours degree because 100 credits could mean you're doing an ordinary or unverified degree (without honours).
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
It's worth checking you're doing and honours degree because 100 credits could mean you're doing an ordinary or unverified degree (without honours).
It’s quite common for universities to award classifications on less than all credits. You still need to PASS 120 credits but your degree classification calculation ignores your lowest 20 credit module percentage.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
It’s quite common for universities to award classifications on less than all credits. You still need to PASS 120 credits but your degree classification calculation ignores your lowest 20 credit module percentage.
Is that just in the final year or is that for 2nd year grading too?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is that just in the final year or is that for 2nd year grading too?
Every university has their own degree classification rules.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (56)
22.58%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.16%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.31%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.95%

Watched Threads