GilleyThess7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How can I stop worrying about what other people think?
meymey:)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, This is a problem i have suffered with myself. I can tell u that its all a mental game and ur the only one who can stop it. everytime u feel urself starting to overthink then stop. distract urself with something else and force ur mind to not think of that topic at all.

Something else which helped me when i would worry about other ppl is that i would get a piece of paper and write down everything that could possibly happen if i offended someone with something i did or set a bad impression. the conclusion i would come to is at the worst it would be embarassing. nothing serious would actually happen. i wouldnt die or be harmed in any way.

u need to remember that no one has control over u and the worst thing about worrying about what other ppl think is that u are harming ur own mental health and that if u let it go and become care free then nothing bad is going to happen.

I hope this helped bc this is mainly what i thought which helped me to stop caring about what other ppl think about me (to some extent)
Heavenly.Ella_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could constantly keep this at the back of your head that “there are 7 billion people on earth. If I tried impressing all of them, i would never be happy. Plus 9/10 times, they really do not care what on earth I’m doing.” Read that again and let it sink in.
Also, just remember that YOU come first! Place yourself above ANYONE and ANYTHING, except God ofc. But you ultimately need to have self confidence ❤️ hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads