I-Will-Survive
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im going into final year and to be completely honest just received last years results i passed so no complaints but EPM is looking dreadful and last hope is SJT i know absolutely nothing about the exam so please any tips , recourses , advice , comments please help. I am hopeless but also very hopeful. I also want to go into obs and gynae in the future and I don't know if thats looking bleak now or any advice from those further into medicine would be great. Thank you in advance
Lionheartat20
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I scored in the top 10% for the SJT for the FY1 Application.

I scored in the bottom 20% for the SJT for the MSRA SJT [A speciality SJT Exam that you may/will encounter in a few years time].

I can confidently say it's a number generator game as my ethics does not vary that much

Apart from not inspiring you with any confidence, my advice would be to make sure you read Good Medical Practice by the GMC and ensure you do the mock papers online.
Most importantly of all, the only person that I know failed the exam was because they left the last 20 questions blank as they ran out of time. So keep an eye on the clock.

Apart from that, I have every faith in you being lucky with the number generator game
What will be, will be. Don't stress about things outside of your control.
Last edited by Lionheartat20; 1 month ago
I-Will-Survive
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lionheartat20)
I scored in the top 10% for the SJT for the FY1 Application.

I scored in the bottom 20% for the SJT for the MSRA SJT [A speciality SJT Exam that you may/will encounter in a few years time].

I can confidently say it's a number generator game as my ethics does not vary that much

Apart from not inspiring you with any confidence, my advice would be to make sure you read Good Medical Practice by the GMC and ensure you do the mock papers online.
Most importantly of all, the only person that I know failed the exam was because they left the last 20 questions blank as they ran out of time. So keep an eye on the clock.

Apart from that, I have every faith in you being lucky with the number generator game
What will be, will be. Don't stress about things outside of your control.
Thank you for the advice ( you actually did inspire some confidence ! lool) Hope everything's going well for you too!!
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also scored top 10% in the SJT and I too have no particular tips tbh.

The only teaching we had on the topic was a panel of a GP, a medical consultant, a palliative care consultant, and a professional ethicist, answering sample questions. They didn't agree on a single question, and their consensus answer wasn't the perfectly correct one once.

My main tip is for god sake don't run out of time. Every year at least one or two people come on TSR to say 'oh no I ran out of time will that affect me'. Er, yes, of course! How did you let that happen?!

Otherwise, do all the past papers available, mainly to just be used to the format, and make sure you read all the questions thoroughly. Its more a test of reading comprehension, than anything to do with professionalism or decision making or anything like that.
I-Will-Survive
Rep:
?
(Original post by nexttime)
I also scored top 10% in the SJT and I too have no particular tips tbh.

The only teaching we had on the topic was a panel of a GP, a medical consultant, a palliative care consultant, and a professional ethicist, answering sample questions. They didn't agree on a single question, and their consensus answer wasn't the perfectly correct one once.

My main tip is for god sake don't run out of time. Every year at least one or two people come on TSR to say 'oh no I ran out of time will that affect me'. Er, yes, of course! How did you let that happen?!

Otherwise, do all the past papers available, mainly to just be used to the format, and make sure you read all the questions thoroughly. Its more a test of reading comprehension, than anything to do with professionalism or decision making or anything like that.
Will definitely not run out of time ! Thank you for the advice
Last edited by I-Will-Survive; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.14%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.28%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.93%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.5%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed