Independerella
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya,
I originally applied for nursing however I have since changed my mind, plus I haven't got the full entry requirements anyway. Can I email/call the university and ask them to withdraw my application so I can go through clearing sooner than UCAS receives my results? Or do I really have to wait until the end of August for the uni to hear from UCAS that I havent met the entry requirements and then have a mad rush around in the last couple of weeks?

Thank you.
Miss_mischy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't have to wait until August to withdraw from your place. You can do it now and use UCAS extra. Extra means though that you can only apply to one uni/choice at a time. You can search on UCAS for course vacancies(rather than search for all courses), but you should check with the uni to make sure the UCAS listing is still correct. It also means that in clearing there might be different courses available than in extra and vice versa. It really depends on your subject and what uni you want to go to.
Last edited by Miss_mischy; 1 month ago
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Independerella)
Hiya,
I originally applied for nursing however I have since changed my mind, plus I haven't got the full entry requirements anyway. Can I email/call the university and ask them to withdraw my application so I can go through clearing sooner than UCAS receives my results? Or do I really have to wait until the end of August for the uni to hear from UCAS that I havent met the entry requirements and then have a mad rush around in the last couple of weeks?

Thank you.
What led to your change of mind about nursing?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Independerella)
Hiya,

Thank you.
The universities can't do it, but you can contact UCAs tomorrow and ask them to change all your replies to Declines. You'll then be able to use Extra if needs be, or Clearing as soon as it opens.

NB. 'Withdraw' in UCAS terms typically means removing you from the entire application cycle, so be sure to explain exactly what you want to do, "change replies to declines" is probably safer.
Independerella
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
What led to your change of mind about nursing?
A number of things really. It just isnt the profession I want to go down with the way the country is right now. The responsibility is ridiculous considering the pay you get & you can lose your pin for some right stupid stuff, the wards arent safe, there is a horrific culture of bullying & if you call them out on it - they make your life hell, the list goes on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (12)
22.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.55%
No I am happy with my choice (34)
64.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise