The Student Room Group

I start my first job tomorrow - where do I go?

Hi,

I recently got a job at a Tesco Express and had my induction on Monday, but it was online.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I go or who I ask for tomorrow as I haven't entered the store yet to have a proper shift and am quite nervous about what I am going to do? I'm sure it'll be fine and I'm worry over the tiniest thing, I've just never had a store job before and don't want to interrupt or do anything wrong, so if anyone has any idea what I should do/ what you did that would be great, thank you!! :smile:)
Original post by annabanana112233
Hi,

I recently got a job at a Tesco Express and had my induction on Monday, but it was online.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I go or who I ask for tomorrow as I haven't entered the store yet to have a proper shift and am quite nervous about what I am going to do? I'm sure it'll be fine and I'm worry over the tiniest thing, I've just never had a store job before and don't want to interrupt or do anything wrong, so if anyone has any idea what I should do/ what you did that would be great, thank you!! :smile:)

Find a member of staff and ask to speak to a team leader / manager, explain that you're here for your first shift. They'll go and find the right person and take it from there. Good luck :smile:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Find a member of staff and ask to speak to a team leader / manager, explain that you're here for your first shift. They'll go and find the right person and take it from there. Good luck :smile:

Oh my gosh, thank you. I've been panicking and getting such bad nerves over it! Sounds like a good plan, it was the one idea I was clinging to anyway as I had no others. Thank you for the reassurance :smile:
Original post by annabanana112233
Hi,

Hi

As #2 said ok,
On arrival I would suggest to you goto customer service desk if there is one and tell lass or lad on it that you are here to start job and can you inform the manager you here and give him your name, they should hopefully point or take you through to canteen area to await manager along with all other new staff.
If not got customers service desk then ask staff member still for manager

A team leader & stand in supervisor with tesco x

Enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest