Ghostface6001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Anyone who does a level history please answer, how hard is it compared to gcse? Is it fun or enjoyable? Are there a lot of resources and online support?
archere
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ghostface6001)
Anyone who does a level history please answer, how hard is it compared to gcse? Is it fun or enjoyable? Are there a lot of resources and online support?
I sat Edexcel A Level history in 2019 and loved it!! I highly recommend finding out what topics you will be potentially studying and whether these spark your interest or not. It is a lot of content and the exams are entirely essay based….they seem extremely daunting at first and are quite a big step up from GCSE essays but ultimately it’s the same skills of essay planning, writing and making inferences from sources. Depending on what other subjects you are thinking of doing History could be really beneficial because it really helps develop analytical and critical essay skills….ideal for economics, geography, politics etc. Definitely think about your other subjects and find out the exact topics of your school’s exam board before choosing it for definite! You want to be interested by the content from the start of year 12 to ensure you remain motivated over the two years….hope this helps, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (329)
83.5%
No (65)
16.5%

Watched Threads