economics a-level

Watch this thread
andy7845
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
‘Should the UK government promote a particular brand of e-cigarettes as a ‘healthy alternative’ to conventional cigarettes? Should the use of e-cigarettes be discouraged or has government intervention already gone far enough?’

Use the extracts and your knowledge of economics to evaluate whether the UK government should encourage, discourage or do nothing more to affect the use of e-cigarettes. (25 marks)

Honestly any help with wording this 25 marker would be a blessing

I have a few points that I want to make e.g e-cigs are a suitable substitute for conventional cigarettes which are demerit goods, conventional cigarettes produce the negative externality of damage to others via second-hand smoke but also they damage their own health.
Also examples of existing and possible government intervention in the market for e-cigarettes to encourage their use – promotion, prescription on the NHS
bakwaas
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by andy7845)
‘Should the UK government promote a particular brand of e-cigarettes as a ‘healthy alternative’ to conventional cigarettes? Should the use of e-cigarettes be discouraged or has government intervention already gone far enough?’

Use the extracts and your knowledge of economics to evaluate whether the UK government should encourage, discourage or do nothing more to affect the use of e-cigarettes. (25 marks)

I have a few points that I want to make e.g e-cigs are a suitable substitute for conventional cigarettes which are demerit goods, conventional cigarettes produce the negative externality of damage to others via second-hand smoke but also they damage their own health.
Also examples of existing and possible government intervention in the market for e-cigarettes to encourage their use – promotion, prescription on the NHS
this is actually really good. got this question coming up in the exam tomorrow ahhhh
boomboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by andy7845)

Heyy, sorry to bother you but is it okay for you to type your model answer here or insert a pic because I really need the model answer for this question!!!
boomboo
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by bakwaas)
this is actually really good. got this question coming up in the exam tomorrow ahhhh
Heyy sorry to bother you but have you got a pic of your model answer for this question?? if do you or any ideas could you please insert them here
co456778
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by boomboo)
Heyy sorry to bother you but have you got a pic of your model answer for this question?? if do you or any ideas could you please insert them here
Yes would be really helpful. Please anyone reading this if you have an modal answers I would really appreciate you sending them - I couldn’t have had worst luck with my teacher (he gives me three bullet points at the end of my essay w no annotations🙄)
boomboo
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Last edited by boomboo; 8 months ago
boomboo
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by co456778)
Yes would be really helpful. Please anyone reading this if you have an modal answers I would really appreciate you sending them - I couldn’t have had worst luck with my teacher (he gives me three bullet points at the end of my essay w no annotations🙄)
HAVE u done this😭 ??? PLS I don’t even know how to start 😵*💫😵*💫

HELPP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (10)
19.61%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (16)
31.37%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (3)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (6)
11.76%
Reading articles about what steps to take (12)
23.53%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.92%

Watched Threads