Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Today I got back my history dissertation grade, it was 63%, quite disappointed. Anyone dissapointed with their grade?
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Today I got back my history dissertation grade, it was 63%, quite disappointed. Anyone dissapointed with their grade?
Hi there!

Firstly, Congratulations on finishing your history degree at university! You should be really proud of yourself for completing university too, I would like to say that 63% is still an amazing mark so well done! I understand how it is to feel disappointed when you've worked so hard on an assignment or essay. However, you have to try and think positively, tell yourself you tried your best, you're still proud as you got through university and came out with an amazing 2:1 as a dissertation mark. If you feel like you have been undermarked, please get in contact with your department and see if there is anyway they can reassess your diss!

But please, be proud of how well you've done, you've done amazingly!

Becca (Psychology Student)
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

Just to add to what the Surry Rep said you should be really proud of that grade . It has been a really tough year with lots of uncertainty and changes to studying and teaching - in those circumstances to achieve a 2:1 grade in your dissertation is excellent! You might be disappointed now but in the long run, the difference between a 2:1 and 1st is very limited. Almost all masters, grad schemes etc., accept a 2:1 and don't differentiate between those who achieve a 1st and 2:1 so don't worry about the implications for that

Sit back, relax and enjoy your summer - you have earned it!!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads