bossman24
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im in yr 11 and i wanted to start doing further maths revision for year 12but idk what topic to start doing first. Idk whether to start on stigma stuff or complex numbers idk does anyone know? im doing aqa spec at my sixth form next year
EnglishNOOb101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i don't think this happens at all schools, but in mine, we finish all of a level maths and then do further maths. So maybe go over maths first?
Last edited by EnglishNOOb101; 1 month ago
EnglishNOOb101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
there are free online courses for a level maths BTW
bossman24
Rep:
?
(Original post by EnglishNOOb101)
i don't think this happens at all schools, but in mine, we finish all of a level maths and then do further maths. So maybe go over maths first?
i was doing revision for both but should i not?
EnglishNOOb101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does your school teach them both at the same time?
tej3141
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My school does them both at the same time and tbf you can learn alot of year 1 further maths without needing to know a level maths.even so I recommend at least finishing as level maths before starting as level FM
bossman24
Rep:
?
(Original post by tej3141)
My school does them both at the same time and tbf you can learn alot of year 1 further maths without needing to know a level maths.even so I recommend at least finishing as level maths before starting as level FMthans
thanks mate
stressingrn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bossman24)
im in yr 11 and i wanted to start doing further maths revision for year 12but idk what topic to start doing first. Idk whether to start on stigma stuff or complex numbers idk does anyone know? im doing aqa spec at my sixth form next year
complex numbers is the first and easiest topic, so start with that (atleast for me).
bossman24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maryyyxxx)
complex numbers is the first and easiest topic, so start with that (atleast for me).
ok thanks do you know the order of topics i should go through like i list or something
bossman24
Rep:
?
My school does them both at the same time and tbf you can learn alot of year 1 further maths without needing to know a level maths.even so I recommend at least finishing as level maths before starting as level FM
ive gone through most of as maths except for differentiation and intergration
bossman24
Rep:
?
Does your school teach them both at the same time?
i dont know yet
bossman24
Rep:
?
there are free online courses for a level maths BTW
do you know a good website i could use with practice questions pls
stressingrn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ok thanks do you know the order of topics i should go through like i list or something
complex numbers, argand diagrams, series, roots of polynomials, volumes of revolution, matrices, linear transformation, proof by induction and vectors is the order. but for some topics you need to know AS maths, e.g. for volumes of revolution you should learn integration first
bossman24
Rep:
?
complex numbers, argand diagrams, series, roots of polynomials, volumes of revolution, matrices, linear transformation, proof by induction and vectors is the order. but for some topics you need to know AS maths, e.g. for volumes of revolution you should learn integration first
wow ty i really needed this i skipped to proof by induction lol after doing complex numbers
tej3141
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you do edexcel too?
tej3141
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you know a good website i could use with practice questions pls
The textbooks areprobably the best resource you can use for maths and FM but there is no point buying them as your school may provide you free access to them. There are loads of websites like pmt, madasmaths and others though
stressingrn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you do edexcel too?
yes i do
tej3141
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes i do
Yr one I assume? What options did you choose for FM?
stressingrn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yr one I assume? What options did you choose for FM?
decision and mechanics, what about u
tej3141
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
decision and mechanics, what about u
Further pure 1 and mechanics. If you do physics, further mechanics is quite similar. And, of course, we dont speakabout stats here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (51)
28.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
7.87%
No I am happy with my choice (99)
55.62%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads