The Student Room Group

Too much level 3 qualifications?

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Fay713

Do u guys think universities will accept me without the A level math by any chance

If A level Maths is a requirement for the course then you need either that A level at the required grade or 'an equivalent qualification' at the same level - not a GCSE. What you need to do is to email each Uni with a simple list of the qualifications/grades you have (scans of transcripts/results are helpful) and ask if they would consider you.
Original post by Fay713
Soo i have A lot of level 3 qualifications which are :
90 credit diploma in applied science MM
Access to HE diploma in computing D: 42 , M: 3
And a second year of secondary school qualification from my country 92% = A grade overall which is considered for entry to a degree with foundation year only ( if completed All 3 years i only did two years it still counts but not Suitable for entry to university alone )

And GCSES maths grade B (( my college told me I didn’t need GCSEs maths but i took it anyways because another college told me I need it and idk who to believe like everyone is saying different stuff just to be safe )) which i thought was really easy the math i took previously at secondary school in my country was way higher i would say AS level standard from looking at papers online

Anyway I’m looking to apply to a top university hopefully in computer science but they all are asking for A an A level math with the access course in their entry requirements which I don’t have so I’m like stuck what should i do some universities website offer foundation course for Access to HE students with no right requirements but idk I’m already exhausted i wanna go to the university that I want ( UCL) soo badly but i just don’t see it happening and I’ve worked hard and My circumstances made it harder because I’m an asylum seeker i had to leave my country before i could finish my last year of secondary school unfortunately and by that i got stuck into a loop hole of not ending high school hell. all my classmates back in my country are now at university finishing their first year now and I’m stuck it’s harddddd and i got good grades that i worked hard for ( expect for the BTEC diploma because it was a dark time in life for me so I didn’t really care about studying much )

Do u guys think universities will accept me without the A level math by any chance? If i did GCSEs maths exam as private candidates and got A? Idk i just don’t wanna waste anytime more I’ve literally been staring at universities entry requirements and degrees for whole two days except when I’m sleeping i think i have a problem yeahhh..

You will need Maths A level for most top universities for CS on top of your qualifications. However I note you are taking an Access course which suggests you might be a mature student. Universities sometimes are less strict with requirements for mature students. In your circumstances you would be best speaking to the universities concerned.
Reply 4
Ok thx
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending