?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fay713)

Do u guys think universities will accept me without the A level math by any chance
If A level Maths is a requirement for the course then you need either that A level at the required grade or 'an equivalent qualification' at the same level - not a GCSE. What you need to do is to email each Uni with a simple list of the qualifications/grades you have (scans of transcripts/results are helpful) and ask if they would consider you.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fay713)
Soo i have A lot of level 3 qualifications which are :
90 credit diploma in applied science MM
Access to HE diploma in computing D: 42 , M: 3
And a second year of secondary school qualification from my country 92% = A grade overall which is considered for entry to a degree with foundation year only ( if completed All 3 years i only did two years it still counts but not Suitable for entry to university alone )

And GCSES maths grade B (( my college told me I didn’t need GCSEs maths but i took it anyways because another college told me I need it and idk who to believe like everyone is saying different stuff just to be safe )) which i thought was really easy the math i took previously at secondary school in my country was way higher i would say AS level standard from looking at papers online

Anyway I’m looking to apply to a top university hopefully in computer science but they all are asking for A an A level math with the access course in their entry requirements which I don’t have so I’m like stuck what should i do some universities website offer foundation course for Access to HE students with no right requirements but idk I’m already exhausted i wanna go to the university that I want ( UCL) soo badly but i just don’t see it happening and I’ve worked hard and My circumstances made it harder because I’m an asylum seeker i had to leave my country before i could finish my last year of secondary school unfortunately and by that i got stuck into a loop hole of not ending high school hell. all my classmates back in my country are now at university finishing their first year now and I’m stuck it’s harddddd and i got good grades that i worked hard for ( expect for the BTEC diploma because it was a dark time in life for me so I didn’t really care about studying much )

Do u guys think universities will accept me without the A level math by any chance? If i did GCSEs maths exam as private candidates and got A? Idk i just don’t wanna waste anytime more I’ve literally been staring at universities entry requirements and degrees for whole two days except when I’m sleeping i think i have a problem yeahhh..
You will need Maths A level for most top universities for CS on top of your qualifications. However I note you are taking an Access course which suggests you might be a mature student. Universities sometimes are less strict with requirements for mature students. In your circumstances you would be best speaking to the universities concerned.
Fay713
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok thx
Last edited by Fay713; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (30)
16.22%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (58)
31.35%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (21)
11.35%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.65%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (9)
4.86%
I think it's an unfair expectation (48)
25.95%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.62%

Watched Threads