Where can a depressed guy in England for two months??? Airbnb??? YHA???

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently preparing to work in a 'British Disneyland' outdoor place in Sussex (i ain't saying where i'm working). I worked there last year but so many backstabbers and people judging me because i'm an introvert. roommate used to boast that people didn't like me because i'm a boring ***. Job ended in march 2020 due to covid but i'm going back again because i haven't got a life.

I am likely to have a breakdown within a day and will leave but i don't wanna go home as I don't get along with family. They see me as this autistic loner. They mock my mental health. I don't wanna go back until september because i have to do my pgce which i don't even want to do.

Is there any good places to just find a place for two months?? anywhere in uk. Maybe like a youth hostel where i can stay or find something, i don't even care if its a free homeless shelter. I just don't wanna go back home. I need to be alone for two months and think why my life is so ****. I'm not going to my parents if i do this, rather i will just keep the lie that i'm still working at 'british disneyland place'
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am currently preparing to work in a 'British Disneyland' outdoor place in Sussex (i ain't saying where i'm working). I worked there last year but so many backstabbers and people judging me because i'm an introvert. roommate used to boast that people didn't like me because i'm a boring ***. Job ended in march 2020 due to covid but i'm going back again because i haven't got a life.

I am likely to have a breakdown within a day and will leave but i don't wanna go home as I don't get along with family. They see me as this autistic loner. They mock my mental health. I don't wanna go back until september because i have to do my pgce which i don't even want to do.

Is there any good places to just find a place for two months?? anywhere in uk. Maybe like a youth hostel where i can stay or find something, i don't even care if its a free homeless shelter. I just don't wanna go back home. I need to be alone for two months and think why my life is so ****. I'm not going to my parents if i do this, rather i will just keep the lie that i'm still working at 'british disneyland place'
What about applying to Butlin's for the summer?

https://butlinscareers.co.uk/search-results/
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think some YHA hostels offer on-site accommodation for employees. You could try applying for a fixed term job, however the contracts are normally 4 months +.
If you hated it this much last year, I wouldn't recommend doing it this year.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
What about applying to Butlin's for the summer?

https://butlinscareers.co.uk/search-results/
Ok my thread may be misunderstanding.

the job i'm going to do is similar to butlins. My problem is i have lost social skills and i have breaking down every single week at my job (that i left today) and well as the way my parents treat me.

Also, i thought butlins only hire people who are trying to get a break in the entertainment industry?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
I think some YHA hostels offer on-site accommodation for employees. You could try applying for a fixed term job, however the contracts are normally 4 months +.
If you hated it this much last year, I wouldn't recommend doing it this year.
I dont wanna do the job in the first place. I have been in hell since 2020. I have no interest in employment. I don't belong in this world with people

I think i'm just gonna rent a room for the summer somewhere. I just need a break. just me.

thanks for your comment
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont wanna do the job in the first place. I have been in hell since 2020. I have no interest in employment. I don't belong in this world with people

I think i'm just gonna rent a room for the summer somewhere. I just need a break. just me.

thanks for your comment
Have you thought of getting in touch with your local IAPT?

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/ot...onSearch/10008
Anonymous #1
Have you thought of getting in touch with your local IAPT?

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/ot...onSearch/10008
yeah and i told them the help they are offering will not sort out my issues.

They told me i should seek private therapy which i have been thinking of doing. unfortunately it would very expensive
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah and i told them the help they are offering will not sort out my issues.

They told me i should seek private therapy which i have been thinking of doing. unfortunately it would very expensive
How did you know before you tried it that the help they could offer would not 'sort out your issues'?
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok my thread may be misunderstanding.

the job i'm going to do is similar to butlins. My problem is i have lost social skills and i have breaking down every single week at my job (that i left today) and well as the way my parents treat me.

Also, i thought butlins only hire people who are trying to get a break in the entertainment industry?
Of course Butlin's don't limit themselves to people hoping to get into the entertainment industry, they need people like bar and waiting staff for their holiday centres as well.

By the way, which part of the UK are you from and how old are you?

I'm inclined to think that what would help you at this point might be to see your GP and make an appointment with the CAB to discuss accommodation and benefits, as I am not sure that you could cope with work at the moment.
Anonymous #1
Of course Butlin's don't limit themselves to people hoping to get into the entertainment industry, they need people like bar and waiting staff for their holiday centres as well.

By the way, which part of the UK are you from and how old are you?

I'm inclined to think that what would help you at this point might be to see your GP and make an appointment with the CAB to discuss accommodation and benefits, as I am not sure that you could cope with work at the moment.
i'm 26

im from london. I still live with parents. I'm right now just in the outdoor centre that im working at but i am ready to go with my original plan. Health care in the uk is useless. Sometimes you have to accept the issues and live with it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads