Mgkelly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone got the suggested DSA laptop and if so is it good or is it worth investing in a more expensive and better one?
InclusiveAdvisor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really depends on what you are going to use the laptop for. They are fine for everyday study tasks such as researching and typing assignments etc... If you're going to be doing anything more intensive on it though (video editing or gaming, for example), you would definitely want to consider upgrading. These are the current specs that are being provided through DSA so you can judge if that's sufficient for what you want to do:

15.6" Screen Size; Intel i5 10th Generation or AMD Ryzen 5 4000 Processor; 8 GB Memory; 512SSD Storage; Onboard Graphics; Windows 10 64 Bit Operating System; Max Weight 2.8 Kg

They tend to supply Lenovo laptops but that isn't always the case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise