sal.gg
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I will be graduating form uni this summer and I’ve decided to go back to uni again and study nursing. However I decided on this too late so I missed the ucas application deadline for a September start this year. Will I still be able to apply through clearing or will I just have to wait and apply for next year? I would ideally like to start uni this September
Hmmm7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sal.gg)
I will be graduating form uni this summer and I’ve decided to go back to uni again and study nursing. However I decided on this too late so I missed the ucas application deadline for a September start this year. Will I still be able to apply through clearing or will I just have to wait and apply for next year? I would ideally like to start uni this September
You could probably wait and apply for clearing but nursing is a very competitive and popular course so it may be full but maybe you could call universities and find out because I heard some applications are still accepted till June 30 but it’s for clearing. Goodluck!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you want to apply through clearing then you need to submit a ucas application. If you can get your ucas application (including reference) in quickly then you can apply to 5 choices as usual.

You can search on ucas to see courses with vacancies at the moment.
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get your UCAS in now as there may still be spaces.
There is also February/March starts for nursing at many universities as well as September.
JessPid94
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sent off my UCAS for nursing two weeks ago. I had an interview for Derby (my first choice) on Monday and an offer on Tuesday. UCAS search has the current vacanies. As you have a degree already, you could look into the Msc with pre-registration. Just to warn you, the interview questions I got had to demonstrate that I had seriously considered nursing, knew what being a nurse entailes, aware of the challeneges and passionate about nursing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (113)
45.2%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.2%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.8%

Watched Threads