Stuck what to do

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone.

There is this girl I like. I asked her out to my school's prom and she said yes. I've also met up with her yesterday and it went very well and she is enthusiastic to meet again.

Now here is the thing, due to the delay of removing restrictions the prom is delayed or potentially off completely.

I obviously need to tell her it's off, but I think I need to tell her I like her before hand. Because then, prom becoming cancelled becomes irrelevant.

The issue is, she is already thinking about buying a dress etc and by the time we meet up again it would be too late to tell her.

Does anyone have any creative ideas? Personally I think telling someone you like them over the phone is a bit lame, but I'm struggling to think of ideas.

Thanks in advance!
JGLM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone.

There is this girl I like. I asked her out to my school's prom and she said yes. I've also met up with her yesterday and it went very well and she is enthusiastic to meet again.

Now here is the thing, due to the delay of removing restrictions the prom is delayed or potentially off completely.

I obviously need to tell her it's off, but I think I need to tell her I like her before hand. Because then, prom becoming cancelled becomes irrelevant.

The issue is, she is already thinking about buying a dress etc and by the time we meet up again it would be too late to tell her.

Does anyone have any creative ideas? Personally I think telling someone you like them over the phone is a bit lame, but I'm struggling to think of ideas.

Thanks in advance!
Explain the situation with the prom, then invite her out somewhere instead. Ask her out to lunch at the weekend or something.

Also, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that if someone asks you to prom, they probably are into you. She probably already thinks that you like her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JGLM)
Explain the situation with the prom, then invite her out somewhere instead. Ask her out to lunch at the weekend or something.

Also, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that if someone asks you to prom, they probably are into you. She probably already thinks that you like her.
Thanks. Would it be ok to tell her I like her over lunch?

I'm probably overthinking this so much.
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks. Would it be ok to tell her I like her over lunch?

I'm probably overthinking this so much.
No need to explicitly tell her, she will already know. There’s only really one reason why a guy would ask a girl out for lunch, and she probably knows that. Just keep seeing her and talking to her and things should flow from there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JGLM)
No need to explicitly tell her, she will already know. There’s only really one reason why a guy would ask a girl out for lunch, and she probably knows that. Just keep seeing her and talking to her and things should flow from there.
Thanks for the reply, sorry if my questions seem dumb.

But I'm stuck, ok I'm meeting her, but how do I take it to the next step? I'm missing the step in between having dates with her and being in a relationship with her. I don't know how to go from date-》relationship.
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the reply, sorry if my questions seem dumb.

But I'm stuck, ok I'm meeting her, but how do I take it to the next step? I'm missing the step in between having dates with her and being in a relationship with her. I don't know how to go from date-》relationship.
I don’t think there’s a single thing that you do to change it. I suppose at some point after you’ve dated for a while one of you may ask “shall we make things official” or something like that. It might just become that way naturally. Feel it through
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (113)
45.2%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.2%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.8%

Watched Threads