pipthesqueak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good evening uses of TSR! Hope you are all doing well and swell ((:
I currently just finished with my A Levels, and decided to take a gap year (I haven't applied at all whoops)! Kind of an issue for me is that the loneliness truly is unreal... tbh I have always wanted to make new friends outside of school but it sure is difficult :, )) So I was just wondering what are some possible active ways to make friends over my gap year? I also live in London, so are there perhaps any particular places I could go? I'd appreciate any help whatsoever! Thank you~
urlocalinmate
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think going to specific places regularly might help strike a conversation, here are some examples: cafe/coffee shop, takeaway, bus station, bars, yoga/dance classes, park and TSR of course.

Best avatar here, +1.
ChloeM1003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I’m taking a gap year too & also don’t know many ppl in the same position. I’ve joined a few Facebook groups for gap year 2021-2022 which helps to find friends, and If you’re thinking of volunteering/travelling then joining a gap year programme would put you with a group of people to go with (although it can get kinda expensive).
Also I’m always looking for ppl to talk to or organise things with throughout the year so feel free to message me!
pipthesqueak
Rep:
?
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
I think going to specific places regularly might help strike a conversation, here are some examples: cafe/coffee shop, takeaway, bus station, bars, yoga/dance classes, park and TSR of course.

Best avatar here, +1.
you're the best here, my local inmate
but bus station...? what if they were to think they're being trafficked.... :awesome:
pipthesqueak
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChloeM1003)
Hi! I’m taking a gap year too & also don’t know many ppl in the same position. I’ve joined a few Facebook groups for gap year 2021-2022 which helps to find friends, and If you’re thinking of volunteering/travelling then joining a gap year programme would put you with a group of people to go with (although it can get kinda expensive).
Also I’m always looking for ppl to talk to or organise things with throughout the year so feel free to message me!
ah that's awesome!! I do not use FB though :'(( what are you looking to do over the year? have you been able to organise anything so far? :eek3:
ChloeM1003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pipthesqueak)
ah that's awesome!! I do not use FB though :'(( what are you looking to do over the year? have you been able to organise anything so far? :eek3:
My main focus is just to work out what I want to do at uni :/ but I also hope to travel - thinking maybe a little bit in Europe first then on to SE Asia. Haven’t got anything planned yet but I’m trying not to use a company/programme bc of money, so I’m trying to find ppl to organise things independently with
urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you're the best here, my local inmate
but bus station...? what if they were to think they're being trafficked.... :awesome:
Not an inmate, I'm a good boy, never got into trouble.

I mean, if you approach people who seem to be around your age, surely trafficking isn't the first thing that'll come to mind?
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could also just learn to enjoy your own company lol.
pipthesqueak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chicken.M.)
Could also just learn to enjoy your own company lol.
that's what i've also been doing lately, going on walks, listening to music, taking up some hobbies!! tis important to be your own friend first indeed
pipthesqueak
Rep:
?
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
Not an inmate, I'm a good boy, never got into trouble.

I mean, if you approach people who seem to be around your age, surely trafficking isn't the first thing that'll come to mind?
ah apologies apologies i meant my local in mate, the gap there wasn't so obvious
it may not be the first thought but the third surely? >.>
urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ah apologies apologies i meant my local in mate, the gap there wasn't so obvious
it may not be the first thought but the third surely? >.>
You know what they say, the sixth time is always the charm...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise