The Student Room Group

Catching feels for my FWB

Recently myself and a close friend of mine decided to start a friends with benefits type relationship, where we agreed that it was something casual and nothing more. I've recently started to wonder if there is something more there. I've known her for quite a while now, and I feel she knows me for who I really am and that we would be good partners if we were to try it out. However, my issue is that we are both starting uni in September, and although we will both be home at the weekends most likely (we live close to each other), we are at unis two completely different sides of the country. She has admitted to having feelings for me a while ago, however at the time i was only out of a 4 year relationship and really wanted to heal myself before seeking another one. Can anyone offer advice on what I should do? Is it possible that it could work out? Thank you in advance. close
It's definitely possible that it could work out, although it's hard for us strangers on the internet to predict. If you like her, and she's said in the past that she has feelings for you, and you're enjoying your sexual dynamic, and especially if you already know each other well and like each other on that deeper level, then it seems like the relationship might have some things going for it.

Long-distance relationships are difficult, though. Honestly all this seems like something you should have a deep think and a really good sit-down talk with her about. Better to talk about it like "hey, we have this option, let's talk about it and see if it suits us" rather than making it some kind of a proposition.
Reply 2
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It's definitely possible that it could work out, although it's hard for us strangers on the internet to predict. If you like her, and she's said in the past that she has feelings for you, and you're enjoying your sexual dynamic, and especially if you already know each other well and like each other on that deeper level, then it seems like the relationship might have some things going for it.

Long-distance relationships are difficult, though. Honestly all this seems like something you should have a deep think and a really good sit-down talk with her about. Better to talk about it like "hey, we have this option, let's talk about it and see if it suits us" rather than making it some kind of a proposition.

Great advice mate honestly. I'll take some time to think. I got into a rebound relationship following my breakup and it was a massive mistake. Been working on myself since and I just don't want to repeat the same mistake. It's hard to trust a broken heart sometimes. I feel like I'm ready, especially with this girl because we are genuinely very close as we've talked for so long. I'll have a think, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending