kzadboy7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, so I’m taking a brand new a level next year (AQA psychology) to supplement my other two but I’m not sure which service I should use.

So I can do psychology through one service and get learning materials etc and a predicted grade, but I won’t receive a reference which will cost £625 but can be paid in instalments over 12 months

Or I can do it through a more local service which will give me a reference and predicted grade, but no learning resources and that costs £755, however I’m not sure if that can be paid in instalments.

No matter which one I choose I will also be using a service called Uplearn which guarantees an A or A* or your money back with 98% who complete the course achieving that, and they satiate they have resources which cover exams, content etc and have many who learn just through that.

Ultimately what I’m wondering is am I better off going for the service which provides a reference? And if I went for the one that didn’t give me a reference, how detrimental would this be for me? I will be getting references from my old school also for my other two subjects and from my tutor. I want to to study law at a Russell group University if this helps
Last edited by kzadboy7; 1 month ago
mma_jd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your question is confusing - you ask whether you're better off going for the "service which provides a reference", but then you go on to say that you will be getting references from your old school? So you are getting a reference either way? What is this reference service you're referring to that's different from the reference your old school will be giving you?
kzadboy7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mma_jd)
Your question is confusing - you ask whether you're better off going for the "service which provides a reference", but then you go on to say that you will be getting references from your old school? So you are getting a reference either way? What is this reference service you're referring to that's different from the reference your old school will be giving you?
What I mean is, is it better I get a reference from the place I will be doing the other A level with so that my old school can incorporate my time and experience in just psychology with the rest of my subjects, or if I shouldn’t worry about it and go for just the content course if you know what I mean
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think there’s much point spending over £100 more for a reference and less course materials
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads