The Student Room Group

Mocks

Anyone else got mocks next week. Revision is killing me rn, what are quick ways to learn things (except flash cards) ?
senecaa
Original post by ilikeyummykitty
Anyone else got mocks next week. Revision is killing me rn, what are quick ways to learn things (except flash cards)

I just finished my GCSES, and hardly made any notes. My main form of revision (for subjects like sciences and maths) was past papers. Trust me, THEY HELP! Mocks are normally past papers anyways, so doing exam questions mean that some may come up in your mocks (bonus). Also, questions, especially in sciences, always repeat themselves. You'll see once you do lots of exam questions that the mark scheme is always the same (eventhough the questions may look different, if its about the same topic, then the mark scheme requires you to use specific words to gain the mark). So, when you do many of them over and over you'll find yourself memorising the mark scheme unintentionally, giving you an advantage in your mocks.

However, this method only works if you do many many exam questions at a time. For me personally, I think I did all the questions for sciences and maths dating back to 2009 (doesn't take that long too since it was the only thing I did, I didn't make any notes nor flash cards).

If your hand doesn't hurt after, you're not doing it right! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest