I don’t like feeling helpless with GF

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, this is my first time sharing here, so here goes.

So I have been in a relationship now for 9 months. It’s great really, I love this Girl so much and I’m confident she feels the same way, she shows me. With all relationships you know that it’s got it’s rough patches, my GF has this habit whereby she sometimes gets overwhelmed with work and everything to a point where she constantly feels drained she says, and she deals with different personalities at work that she finds it difficult to be herself she says. So what she’d do is sometimes like not be responsive with me over the phone , like I don’t know she’d get into her “phase” (that’s what I call it now) at least twice or once a month , she won’t be chatting the same and all, and I’d wanna help and I’d ask how can I help and she’d say I can’t help her she just needs sometime to herself and all. Well that’s okay I’m okay with giving space, I think it’s very important that people have their own space. But she’d like not say anything and like I’m giving her space right so I’d not say anything either, except for the normal how are how was your day....blah blah blah, but it’d go on for while until it’s gets really weird or awkward, I finally decide to reach out to see if shes okay now ( I always reach out) and then she’d make seem as if I don’t care about her and like I was just giving her space that she asked for?

Like my question is, she gets this phases I understand that.....and like she she’s been through a lot in her past and like she struggles speaking about it or herself, but I’m not worried about that because I know when the time is right she will talk to me, I’m just worried that I might be too much for her or maybe not do enough for her

I need to know is this Normal, am I just overthinking things here or should I be worried?

Any advice out there, I promise to be better as time goes at getting straight to the point I apologise for the run around 😄
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doesn't seem completely abnormal. I suggest telling her to get back to you instead after she has had enough time to refresh her mind.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
Doesn't seem completely abnormal. I suggest telling her to get back to you instead after she has had enough time to refresh her mind.
I’ve done that a couple of times, but we currently in that stage right now, so I guess I’m gonna wait and see if she gets back to me lol
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I don't know, she may need space but there also needs to be better communication. I feel like you shouldn't be left guessing every month, if she says give her space do that and then if she gets annoyed tell her to stop being a hypocrite.

I sued to do that to my bf and realise now it was unfair
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't know, she may need space but there also needs to be better communication. I feel like you shouldn't be left guessing every month, if she says give her space do that and then if she gets annoyed tell her to stop being a hypocrite.

I sued to do that to my bf and realise now it was unfair
Well when we do talk about it, like she does seem to feel bad about how she handles the situation, like I just the not knowing what’s happening part and like I tend to feel guilty when we don’t communicate, like if I don’t reach out, will she ever reach out? ( I’m sure she will) should I find out?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Well when we do talk about it, like she does seem to feel bad about how she handles the situation, like I just the not knowing what’s happening part and like I tend to feel guilty when we don’t communicate, like if I don’t reach out, will she ever reach out? ( I’m sure she will) should I find out?
Yes i'd leave her to it, if she wants to talk to you she will
If you're always chasing her she doesn't have time to miss you
Anonymous #1
Yes i'd leave her to it, if she wants to talk to you she will
If you're always chasing her she doesn't have time to miss you
Okay I guess that’s what I gotta do, thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Okay I guess that’s what I gotta do, thanks
If her moods seem really low also suggest her to speak to GP and counseling if she's always burning out and depressed
Anonymous #1
I’ve suggested she speaks to someone if not me, but she says she’s tired of speaking all she does is speak at work....she just wants peace and quiet, I really get it I really do, I honestly believe it’s her work that’s drains her up, it’s just a pity she can’t afford to quit her job at the moment with the COVID and low employment rate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads