Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to travel but I am mostly alone. I enjoy travelling alone, and even with company, however, I am never able to find any company. With travelling alone or company, I often feel phased out. It sometimes feels I'd rather be at home than here, sometimes it gets over. I really like exploring new places, but at the end of the day, it seems I'm the same person, just at a different place. I like going to natural places and lands, however, lately, I have been acquiring a taste for city travel as well.

Any recommendations on where I should go or what should I do?
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there anywhere you've wanted to go for a while?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
Is there anywhere you've wanted to go for a while?
Scotland, Wales, beaches. Anything beautiful really. But I am anxious about going to Scotland, because it would be a trip of 3-4 days and I'm afraid i'd get anxious for so many days, and a small trip to Scotland isn't worth it, as it would be around £70 just for travelling. Additionally, Wales doesn't have good rail/bus connections or it takes a greater amount of time to get to good welsh places.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Scotland, Wales, beaches. Anything beautiful really. But I am anxious about going to Scotland, because it would be a trip of 3-4 days and I'm afraid i'd get anxious for so many days, and a small trip to Scotland isn't worth it, as it would be around £70 just for travelling. Additionally, Wales doesn't have good rail/bus connections or it takes a greater amount of time to get to good welsh places.
Do you mind me asking what your afraid of getting anxious about?
Anonymous #1
Do you mind me asking what your afraid of getting anxious about?
Well, I don't know how to put it exactly. I am mostly anxious that once I reach there, after half a day or so, I would mostly feel vague and then, I would be sort of 'oh, now I have three more days to spend here'. I am trying my best to articulate lol. Especially, since/if I don't have company I really love.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, I don't know how to put it exactly. I am mostly anxious that once I reach there, after half a day or so, I would mostly feel vague and then, I would be sort of 'oh, now I have three more days to spend here'. I am trying my best to articulate lol. Especially, since/if I don't have company I really love.
Do you mean you'd feel bored and not know what to do?
Anonymous #1
Do you mean you'd feel bored and not know what to do?
Even if I have planned what to do, I would still just be doing it just for the sake of doing it, because now I'm already there.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I want to travel but I am mostly alone. I enjoy travelling alone, and even with company, however, I am never able to find any company. With travelling alone or company, I often feel phased out. It sometimes feels I'd rather be at home than here, sometimes it gets over. I really like exploring new places, but at the end of the day, it seems I'm the same person, just at a different place. I like going to natural places and lands, however, lately, I have been acquiring a taste for city travel as well.

Any recommendations on where I should go or what should I do?
What kind of budget are you working on?
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even if I have planned what to do, I would still just be doing it just for the sake of doing it, because now I'm already there.
Oh, so you'd be miserable? ( Sorry for all the questions )
Anonymous #1
Oh, so you'd be miserable? ( Sorry for all the questions )
haha, maybe not miserable, cuz I'd be trying my best to not be so XD
But yeah, I guess I just want to relax. Maybe its also because I don't have good company here (I'm new to the UK) to go with and relax with.
Anonymous #1
I'm alright with budget, any would work. (maybe under £200?) as long as the cost is worth it, I'm fine with it, and could do with more too.

(Original post by Kerzen)
What kind of budget are you working o
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm alright with budget, any would work. (maybe under £200?) as long as the cost is worth it, I'm fine with it, and could do with more too.
I was wondering whether at some point something like this would suit you.

https://www.traveleditions.co.uk/tou...-heritage-city
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
haha, maybe not miserable, cuz I'd be trying my best to not be so XD
But yeah, I guess I just want to relax. Maybe its also because I don't have good company here (I'm new to the UK) to go with and relax with.
Well, it seems your biggest 'problem' is being by yourself. I'd say try to make some friends first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads