zara_276
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I’m struggling to decide what I should do for my Sixth Form as I have just finished secondary school. My favourite subjects are history and business. Could anyone please give me advice on whether I should study business, history and Law A levels or a Btec level 3 extended diploma in business. I’m highly interested in business and I want to do career in business someday but I feel that if I choose Btec level 3 extended diploma it would be too much work and stressful as I’m not used to doing assignments I’m more of a exam person. And if I don’t choose the a levels I won’t get a chance to study my favourite subjects and my subjects won’t be a variety.
Hmmm7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zara_276)
Hi I’m struggling to decide what I should do for my Sixth Form as I have just finished secondary school. My favourite subjects are history and business. Could anyone please give me advice on whether I should study business, history and Law A levels or a Btec level 3 extended diploma in business. I’m highly interested in business and I want to do career in business someday but I feel that if I choose Btec level 3 extended diploma it would be too much work and stressful as I’m not used to doing assignments I’m more of a exam person. And if I don’t choose the a levels I won’t get a chance to study my favourite subjects and my subjects won’t be a variety.
You could do alevels as it has both your favs sounds better but if you do business Btec you could always study history in your spare time like do reading and that and if you’re worried about the workload and assignments honestly your going to have to do that in uni anyways ( if you do go) so it would be good practice. You should do what you feel like doing the most though it all depends on you, think about what you really want and go for it. Like don’t do what you think is right for you do what you feel is good for you
zara_276
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Hmmm7)
You could do alevels as it has both your favs sounds better but if you do business Btec you could always study history in your spare time like do reading and that and if you’re worried about the workload and assignments honestly your going to have to do that in uni anyways ( if you do go) so it would be good practice. You should do what you feel like doing the most though it all depends on you, think about what you really want and go for it. Like don’t do what you think is right for you do what you feel is good for you
Thank you, it’s made me understand what I want to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
23.91%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (28)
60.87%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.52%

Watched Threads