Should I go to my uni society social gathering?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As an end of year thing they're having a small party and nominating who'll be running the society next year. I'm thinking of going but is it a bit awkward I haven't met them in person yet due to covid? It's a gaming society so I pretty much only talk to them online, they've met up a couple times but I missed both occasions so it feels weird as they've all met each other and I haven't. Should I go or will it just be too awkward this is introvert issues right here.
kitkatsnickers
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As an end of year thing they're having a small party and nominating who'll be running the society next year. I'm thinking of going but is it a bit awkward I haven't met them in person yet due to covid? It's a gaming society so I pretty much only talk to them online, they've met up a couple times but I missed both occasions so it feels weird as they've all met each other and I haven't. Should I go or will it just be too awkward this is introvert issues right here.
No just go and don’t think about it too much. If you don’t go now you will regret it later on.
Pearson Business School Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I hope you are well.

Go for it! You’re all part of the same society which means you share a hobby or interest! You’ll have something to talk about and bond over straight away so I wouldn’t worry about it at all!

Hope this helps.

Ilona - Pearson Business School Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.14%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.28%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.93%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.5%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads