How comes most restaurants in central London aren’t halal?

Watch
Hmmm7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Restaurants like Nando’s is usually halal but the branches in central weren’t? Even a halal Turkish restaurant only did halal chicken not beef ? Lowkey making life difficult for Muslims all we wanna do is eat good food
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I read the post wrong first time apologies.

It's because in the outskirts especially East London, it is Muslim heavy so they would not really make much money if they didn't make it halal.
Whereas in Central everything is pretty much a tourist attraction and they would fill up their spaces either way.
Hmmm7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cıllıan)
I read the post wrong first time apologies.

It's because in the outskirts especially East London, it is Muslim heavy so they would not really make much money if they didn't make it halal.
Whereas in Central everything is pretty much a tourist attraction and they would fill up their spaces either way.
Smh imagine how much MORE they could make of it was halal 😩
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can think of a reason. You can too if you think really hard.
Hmmm7
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
I can think of a reason. You can too if you think really hard.
Islamaphobia 🤡
Last edited by Hmmm7; 1 month ago
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hmmm7)
Islamaphobia 🙄
Oh yeah thats also kinda a reason lol, the amount of people who won't eat halal meat but will eat kösher (like its any different) is absolutely funny. And animal rights activists are also against the act of killing the animal while it's alive so they probably wouldn't eat it either
Hmmm7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cıllıan)
Oh yeah thats also kinda a reason lol, the amount of people who won't eat halal meat but will eat kösher (like its any different) is absolutely funny. And animal rights activists are also against the act of killing the animal while it's alive so they probably wouldn't eat it either
And people say the U.K. isn’t racist or islamophobic 😵*💫 Shouldn’t animal rights activists be vegans or vegetarians tho
Last edited by Hmmm7; 1 month ago
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hmmm7)
Islamaphobia 🤡
I wouldn't say it's Islamophobia just because a store doesn't do Halal meat, more so that there's no requirement to cater to Muslim customers in every area- so they save money by not doing so in areas they have a majority non-Muslim customer base.

Same reason different ASDA's in different locations sell different products.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hmmm7)
Islamaphobia 🤡
Or the fact that muslims make up a relatively small proportion of the population
MatthewAteYou
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Big restaurants especially will have certain supply chains in place, and so to change that to get in halal meat is often more expensive for them. Ultimately, for restaurants, it's profit first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (10)
32.26%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
6.45%
No I am happy with my choice (17)
54.84%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (2)
6.45%

Watched Threads