nicmad.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey
I am just turned 18 a few month ago and have always lived in an abusive household I have been kicked out quite a few time and have reported my parents to school at leasts twice and little to nothing has been done about it. now that I am 18 my dad is very adamant on kicking me having told me to pack my stuff and get out a few times already. he does things like lock me out so that I can't get into the house or throws my stuff away. I am currently working and only earn about 250 at the most from this job. I also have an apprentieship which I earn about 900 from so over all I am earning about 1.2k roughly a month give or take. I am well aware that I more that likely could find somewhere earning this much however I have only just started both my jobs and as the situation at home gets more intense I really don't know what I am going to do in the mean time, until I have saved enough to pay all the deposits and first moving costs. everyday I come home to verbal abuse and him showing my stuff out as a reaction to me not having left yet. I don't know what to do I don't have any family really in the uk so am lost
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you considered getting in touch with your local housing dept?
Mr T 999
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Live in a rented flat share its much cheaper to rent and to move in, you won't have to buy any furniture or appliances since it's already provided.
nicmad.
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Have you considered getting in touch with your local housing dept?
no I haven't, would they be able to help me possible or at least guide me a little
nicmad.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Live in a rented flat share its much cheaper to rent and to move in, you won't have to buy any furniture or appliances since it's already provided.
would I require a credit check for something like that, as I have a thin credit file making this situation a little harder
Mr T 999
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nicmad.)
would I require a credit check for something like that, as I have a thin credit file making this situation a little harder
Well, most letting agents will require one although if its through a private landlord they may not require one.
nicmad.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Well, most letting agents will require one although if its through a private landlord they may not require one.
thank youuu
shebk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sorry to hear that
How is your mom? How does she treat you?
Do you know why your dad treat you like that?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Look at the Shelter website to understand your rights and options if you are made homeless before you can afford to move out, as well as your local council website.
nicmad.
Rep:
?
(Original post by shebk)
I’m sorry to hear that
How is your mom? How does she treat you?
Do you know why your dad treat you like that?
my mum is more emotionally abusive, she trys to be a good mum but can be very manipulative and will always take my dads side, its unfortunate because I love my mum very much as she was an amazing mum when I was little.
nicmad.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Look at the Shelter website to understand your rights and options if you are made homeless before you can afford to move out, as well as your local council website.
thank you for the help and advice I will do that.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey
I am just turned 18 a few month ago and have always lived in an abusive household I have been kicked out quite a few time and have reported my parents to school at leasts twice and little to nothing has been done about it. now that I am 18 my dad is very adamant on kicking me having told me to pack my stuff and get out a few times already. he does things like lock me out so that I can't get into the house or throws my stuff away. I am currently working and only earn about 250 at the most from this job. I also have an apprentieship which I earn about 900 from so over all I am earning about 1.2k roughly a month give or take. I am well aware that I more that likely could find somewhere earning this much however I have only just started both my jobs and as the situation at home gets more intense I really don't know what I am going to do in the mean time, until I have saved enough to pay all the deposits and first moving costs. everyday I come home to verbal abuse and him showing my stuff out as a reaction to me not having left yet. I don't know what to do I don't have any family really in the uk so am lost
As you are still 18, you can get support from Childline.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
nicmad.
Rep:
?
can I ? I not so long ago maybe back in December my dad was physical abusing me so I reported him to my sixth form as I knew they were suppose to help me, I told my schools safeguarding officer about all the abuse that he put me through and as soon as she told me that childline would not be able to do anything about my case and that she herself has been hit as a child and had a not very nice day and I just had to get on with it. and beause of this I never really brought its up again
Fay713
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Contact your local council they will support you and give you housing and weekly allowance like universal credit
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fay713)
Contact your local council they will support you and give you housing and weekly allowance like universal credit
The OP earns £1200 so benefits are very unlikely.

Some areas of the UK (England I believe) can also provide low or no support for homeless people without disabilities or dependants. Still worth checking out rights and options.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can I ? I not so long ago maybe back in December my dad was physical abusing me so I reported him to my sixth form as I knew they were suppose to help me, I told my schools safeguarding officer about all the abuse that he put me through and as soon as she told me that childline would not be able to do anything about my case and that she herself has been hit as a child and had a not very nice day and I just had to get on with it. and beause of this I never really brought its up again
You can certainly speak or chat online to Childline. I would get in touch with them, just knowing that someone is listening will help.

For something longer term, the IAPT service may be suitable.

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/ot...onSearch/10008

Re housing, I am wondering whether you live in an area with a Youth Foyer or a YMCA.

Which region are you in?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
hey
I was thrown out of my parents home 3 days after my 18th birthday. I stayed with friends for a while, I eventually got a room in a shared house, finished my apprenticeship, got promoted a few times, married one of my house mates. I'm now 27, I've a mortgage, I make 30k a year, I've two young children. I've just started a part time degree.
It gets better. I promise.
billsj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get ahold of your local council and ask what financial support is avalible.
As a student you can apply for financial support though a student discount.
Also, financial support for accomidations.
their is a lot more but I don't know them.

If u have mental health u can claim a lot different benefits too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.14%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.28%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.93%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.5%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads