Clearing for pharmacy 2021/2022

Watch this thread
Husainmkr
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got an AAC in my a levels, A in chem B in bio and C in math. I have An offer from uni of Nottingham and uni of Birmingham as insurance. Is it worth the risk to reject both offers and go through clearing. I really want to get into Kings pharmacy school, since I do not like any other city in the UK except for london.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Husainmkr)
I got an AAC in my a levels, A in chem B in bio and C in math. I have An offer from uni of Nottingham and uni of Birmingham as insurance. Is it worth the risk to reject both offers and go through clearing. I really want to get into Kings pharmacy school, since I do not like any other city in the UK except for london.
You would be taking a massive risk. There is no guarantee Kings will have Pharmacy in clearing (I doubt they will) and cannot guarantee you will get accepted anyway. If you dont want to go anywhere outside London I suppose it is an option or you can take a gap year and apply elsewhere. Why is London the only city you like.
Husainmkr
Rep:
I studied in Manchester last year, I just did not like the life there compared to London. I heard last year kings went through clearing due to the covid situation for pharmacy. Do you think they would go through it again this year?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I studied in Manchester last year, I just did not like the life there compared to London. I heard last year kings went through clearing due to the covid situation for pharmacy. Do you think they would go through it again this year?
Nobody knows for definite. You could ask them. You will be taking a major risk though.
Husainmkr
Rep:
I sent them an email today, and asked if they would accept my grades for pharmacy. I hope they respond with positive news.
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but even Nottingham, Cardiff and Birmingham were in Clearing on the Thursday morning if you got in quick. They are all Russell Group.

Pharmacy schools are actively recruiting now, as there are too many schools and because the pay is too low and the workload and stress is too high, they are even taking as low as CCD in the old polytechnics and new schools of pharmacy so I've heard.

Even if you get a negative response from Kings, be cheeky, phone up the admission's tutor and see if there is any way possible you can make it happen. Ask if you could you take a gap year and get a place for September 2022?
Fortune favours the bold! Good luck!
Psychouzii
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I sent them an email today, and asked if they would accept my grades for pharmacy. I hope they respond with positive news.
Hey what email did you use if you don’t mind me asking
Psychouzii
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0895)
I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but even Nottingham, Cardiff and Birmingham were in Clearing on the Thursday morning if you got in quick. They are all Russell Group.

Pharmacy schools are actively recruiting now, as there are too many schools and because the pay is too low and the workload and stress is too high, they are even taking as low as CCD in the old polytechnics and new schools of pharmacy so I've heard.

Even if you get a negative response from Kings, be cheeky, phone up the admission's tutor and see if there is any way possible you can make it happen. Ask if you could you take a gap year and get a place for September 2022?
Where can I get the number for an admissions tutor?
Husainmkr
Rep:
(Original post by Psychouzii)
Hey what email did you use if you don’t mind me asking
[email protected]
ridaax
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I really want to apply for pharmacy but i don’t want to go through clearing just yet. Do you the minimum grades universities will accept to get into pharmacy such as uni of lincoln?
ridaax
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0895)

Do you remember what kind of grades those universities were accepting? x
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ridaax)
I really want to apply for pharmacy but i don’t want to go through clearing just yet. Do you the minimum grades universities will accept to get into pharmacy such as uni of lincoln?
Hi ridaax

On the University of Lincoln Pharmacy page here, it says that you need CE Advanced Levels: ABB, to include a minimum grade B in Biology or Chemistry plus a minimum grade B in a second Science subject. (Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Physics, Geography, Applied Science, Maths, or Further Maths are accepted. General Studies, Critical Thinking, and Extended Project qualifications are not accepted.) or equivalent. As well as 5 GCSE's at grade C/4 or above.

Once clearing starts on the 1st July you can no longer apply through anything but clearing; where you need to phone the university to see if you can get a provisional offer or not and then apply through UCAS if you meet the requirements told to you by a clearing representative.

if you have any other questions feel free to reply here!
Ellie
3rd Year Media Production Student
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent)
Hi ridaax

On the University of Lincoln Pharmacy page here, it says that you need CE Advanced Levels: ABB, to include a minimum grade B in Biology or Chemistry plus a minimum grade B in a second Science subject. (Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Physics, Geography, Applied Science, Maths, or Further Maths are accepted. General Studies, Critical Thinking, and Extended Project qualifications are not accepted.) or equivalent. As well as 5 GCSE's at grade C/4 or above.

Once clearing starts on the 1st July you can no longer apply through anything but clearing; where you need to phone the university to see if you can get a provisional offer or not and then apply through UCAS if you meet the requirements told to you by a clearing representative.

if you have any other questions feel free to reply here!
Ellie
3rd Year Media Production Student
Come on Ellie I KNOW, they will take CCC to fill places!
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ridaax)
Probably BCC with a B in Chem, or CCC if they like you. Everywhere asks for AAB or ABB and i've seen pharmacy students with CCD.
Chisjsgeusiaibdv
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You don’t need to enter clearing straight away. It’s good to first contact kcl clearing team and see if there’s space. If there is, and they give a verbal offer, you could then release yourself to go through clearing and take up the offer. If they don’t offer it, then you still have your firm choice.

But tbh for kcl I doubt they’d have spaces
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Psychouzii)
Where can I get the number for an admissions tutor?
Phone the university and ask for the pharmacy department or get the direct number, then ask to book an appointment for a quick phone chat with the admission's tutor.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
+44 (0)20 7836 5454

That's the main switchboard number. Just ask for the pharmacy department and/or the Admission's tutor's secretary.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (13)
18.31%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (26)
36.62%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.04%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.41%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
9.86%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
19.72%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.23%

Watched Threads