What happens if I dont do it?

Scroll to see replies

whats the speech for?
Original post by Moonbeam06
whats the speech for?

It’s for english, and we have to pick a certain topic and give a speech on it
Original post by Oosousername

oh well then ig thats not doing work so a lower grade ?
oh well then ig thats not doing work so a lower grade ?

But towards my gcse,will it be taken in consideration?

it might do depends if its an important topic

No, it doesn't actually contribute to your grade but it will say that you didn't do the speech.
it might do depends if its an important topic

We get to pick the topic
Original post by thealphabetsays
No, it doesn't actually contribute to your grade but it will say that you didn't do the speech.

Did you do it in year ten? My sister did and she got distinction but on her sctual gcse a five
We get to pick the topic

so could it literally be anything or is there a rough guideline
Did you do it in year ten? My sister did and she got distinction but on her sctual gcse a five

I did it in yr10, yes. I'm still in yr10 so I don't know my final grade yet, but our teacher said it doesn't count toward our grade.
Reply 11

That's the English language assessment, right?

You have to do it, but: it doesn't count towards any of your grades, you're not going to put it on a CV or a UCAS form and nobody will ever care what you got in it. All that matters is that you give the talk and answer some questions about it.

Pick a topic that's easy for you to talk about. My class were all given topics related to the literature we were studying, but one of my friends did a presentation on the Battle of Carrhae.
Original post by Sinnoh
That's the English language assessment, right?

You have to do it, but: it doesn't count towards any of your grades, you're not going to put it on a CV or a UCAS form and nobody will ever care what you got in it. All that matters is that you give the talk and answer some questions about it.

Pick a topic that's easy for you to talk about. My class were all given topics related to the literature we were studying, but one of my friends did a presentation on the Battle of Carrhae.

But if I skive will they force me to do it? Or will I just be let off? Bc my teachers talking about recording it and stuff and I just cant do it
But if I skive will they force me to do it? Or will I just be let off? Bc my teachers talking about recording it and stuff and I just cant do it

Do you have a particular reason why you can't do it? Unless you have a definite factor that means you can't do it, it's likely that you'll be made to do it.

If you don't want to do it because of the class audience: speak to your teacher about doing it in private BUT I should say that the audience is not mean at all. Everyone will be so scared that they barely pay attention to your speech.
Original post by thealphabetsays
Do you have a particular reason why you can't do it? Unless you have a definite factor that means you can't do it, it's likely that you'll be made to do it.

If you don't want to do it because of the class audience: speak to your teacher about doing it in private BUT I should say that the audience is not mean at all. Everyone will be so scared that they barely pay attention to your speech.

Okay, but if I skive that lesson, will the teacher force me to do it another lesson?
Okay, but if I skive that lesson, will the teacher force me to do it another lesson?

just do it lol
its what a few minutes out your life out of from 80+ years
Reply 16
I did the speech when I was in year 11. my topic was knife crime. I also didn't want to do it because I have social anxiety but I had to keep trying and in the end, I ended up doing it at lunchtime with only my friends and teacher in the room and she didn't record me
Original post by zay_da
I did the speech when I was in year 11. my topic was knife crime. I also didn't want to do it because I have social anxiety but I had to keep trying and in the end, I ended up doing it at lunchtime with only my friends and teacher in the room and she didn't record me

I’ll ask if I can do it alone
Original post by yeetouttawindow
just do it lol
its what a few minutes out your life out of from 80+ years

Its not few minutes we have to plan it for six hours or something according to our teacher- all that hard work for something I dont even wanna do or care about
how is she gonna know youve sat there for six hours tho :colonhash:
just make it look like youve taken a lot of time and effort when you havent
simple
over and done with

Quick Reply

Latest