Ahmed 002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi ,
Does anyone know what is the ucas application procedure as a private candidate. For Example: if I say that I am doing btec level 3 in college and A level Maths privately by self studying. As you know, you need to submit your ucas application in January so I might be able to give my btec grades but how will I mention A level Maths? As I will not have any predicted grades and I will getting the original grade In August?
Thank you.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You list all the qualifications as 'pending'.
Your referee mentions that you are taking A level Maths privately and therefore they cannot provide a prediction for that subject.
The University will assess your application without that prediction.
Ahmed 002
Rep:
?
so basically they will not consider those pending qualifications? or will they after one gets his results?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ahmed 002)
Hi ,
Does anyone know what is the ucas application procedure as a private candidate. For Example: if I say that I am doing btec level 3 in college and A level Maths privately by self studying. As you know, you need to submit your ucas application in January so I might be able to give my btec grades but how will I mention A level Maths? As I will not have any predicted grades and I will getting the original grade In August?
Thank you.
To add your private exam add the exam centre with part time attendance for the months of the exam/results. Then add the maths A level to that exam centre.

That will make it clear that you’re taking the exams privately.

You should speak to your college referees to find out if they will be willing to put a predicted grade for the maths A level in your reference. Lots of applicants apply without predictions though - it isn’t usually a problem.
Ahmed 002
Rep:
?
unfortunately my college is only vocational and doesn't do A level courses
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
unfortunately my college is only vocational and doesn't do A level courses
I didn’t say that they do? But they will be providing your reference and your referee will have the chance to provide predictions for ALL pending qualifications. It’s at their discretion if they’re willing to put a prediction for the A level maths. So you need to TALK to them.

If you want your application to include predicted grades then you’ll need to find out what information and evidence that your college needs to be willing to provide the prediction - and then work out how to meet their needs.
Ahmed 002
Rep:
?
and if one doesn't provide any predictions.. does it affects his application and changes for the university?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
and if one doesn't provide any predictions.. does it affects his application and changes for the university?
Lots of applicants apply without predictions though - it isn’t usually a problem.

If you’re worried then talk to the universities that you want to apply to and explain the situation.
Ahmed 002
Rep:
?
OK thank you so much. it just seems a bit weird to make the application in january and taking the exams in may june and getting the results in august lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
17.39%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (35)
30.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.43%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.3%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.35%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
24.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed