The Student Room Group

I’m 17 n my mum thinks I’m pregnant

I’m 17 and basically my mum seems to think I’m sexually active (I’m a Virgin) and basically ive been throwing up a lot bc I had expired food yesterday and now she’s telling me I must be pregnant and letting men touch me - what do I say to her bc this is very awkward and she’s not listening to me
Just tell her that *insert food here* was a bit past it’s best when you ate it yesterday and it’s made you feel sick.
Reply 2
I’m literally just sick like theres 0% chance that I’m pregnant, smh I feel so awkward and drained by this bc my mum is african as well so it’s like we never speak about stuff like this n she’s made something up in her head and has convinced herself it’s true
Reply 3
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Just tell her that *insert food here* was a bit past it’s best when you ate it yesterday and it’s made you feel sick.

I told her I ate bad chicken but to make matters worse there was a man that keeps talking to me like in the morning n after school n I told my mum (bc he gives me stalker vibes) so now I think she thinks he had sex with me - but yh I’ll try my best to tell her again thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 17 and basically my mum seems to think I’m sexually active (I’m a Virgin) and basically ive been throwing up a lot bc I had expired food yesterday and now she’s telling me I must be pregnant and letting men touch me - what do I say to her bc this is very awkward and she’s not listening to me

How did you come to eat food which was past its sell by date and what did you eat?

Speak to 111 if you continue to feel unwell.

The thing about your Mum sounds very strange. Has she said things like this before?
Reply 5
I told her I ate bad chicken but to make matters worse there was a man that keeps talking to me like in the morning n after school n I told my mum (bc he gives me stalker vibes) so now I think she thinks he had sex with me - but yh I’ll try my best to tell her again thank you

Who is this man and how is he getting the opportunity to talk to you?
Reply 6
Original post by Kerzen
Who is this man and how is he getting the opportunity to talk to you?

I don’t really know he’s a weirdo, like he’s always on my bus and tries to speak to me and says “oh hi where’s ur sister today” bc sometimes I go to school with my sister (she’s a year younger) like I think he lives around me bc I see him in the morning n night n I got paranoid he would kidnap me so I told my mum and now I think she’s paranoid as well and is worrying I’m pregnant
Reply 7
Original post by Kerzen
How did you come to eat food which was past its sell by date and what did you eat?

Speak to 111 if you continue to feel unwell.

The thing about your Mum sounds very strange. Has she said things like this before?

This happened to one of my siblings where she got pregnant and threw her life away so she’s never really said it to me but has always warned me not to let men touch me uno and it was my school lunch I think it was raw bc now I’m throwing up and thank you for the advice x
Reply 8
This happened to one of my siblings where she got pregnant and threw her life away so she’s never really said it to me but has always warned me not to let men touch me uno and it was my school lunch I think it was raw bc now I’m throwing up and thank you for the advice x

They gave you raw chicken at school? Have you told your teacher?
I think you should calm down, let your mom believe whatever she wants, go get a pregnancy test, tell her you can do it in front of her, show her is negative, and tell her to don't ever doubt you again. Don't let your mom's words affect you. Only you know who you are what you do with your body and yourself. And whatever you choose to do, it will always be the right choice because you made that choice. For better or for worse.
Original post by angeladelavie
I think you should calm down, let your mom believe whatever she wants, go get a pregnancy test, tell her you can do it in front of her, show her is negative, and tell her to don't ever doubt you again. Don't let your mom's words affect you. Only you know who you are what you do with your body and yourself. And whatever you choose to do, it will always be the right choice because you made that choice. For better or for worse.

Thank you so much I’ll try and do that, you don’t even know the way I’ve been panicking like I don’t even want to face her - I feel so awkward with her but thank you smm this was reassuring <3
Thank you I’m going to buy one rn and yh I think I’ll do that bc he keeps asking about my sister but thank you x
Reply 12
If there has never been any risk of pregnancy, don't buy a pregnancy test. That is just buying into your Mother's weird ideas.

Spend your money on something which is actually useful to you, like something for school.

I think that you would benefit from being in touch with Childline.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

Quick Reply