Can you go from Physician associate to Medicine?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
jeff246K
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm thinking to study PA, but my mind is on the Medicine. is it possible to get to Medicine via PA?
gogrizz123
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jeff246K)
I'm thinking to study PA, but my mind is on the Medicine. is it possible to get to Medicine via PA?
Dont study to be a PA with the hopes of getting into medicine, It is much better to just apply for standard undergraduate medicine in the first place as it is less competitive than graduate entry medicine
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
As above you would be better off taking a year (or several) out to retake A-levels/improve your application/etc while reapplying to medicine, than to do another degree first with the aim to study medicine as a graduate.

The accelerated graduate entry medicine (GEM) courses are considerably more competitive than standard entry medicine and you need to pay the first £3000~ of the tuition fees out of pocket yourself. While you can apply to standard entry as a graduate I understand it can still be more competitive for graduates, and more importantly it is much more expensive, as you will only be eligible for a maintenance loan and not a tuition fee loan for the first four years of the course - requiring you pay the ~£9250 a year tuition fees out of pocket.
Turning_A_Corner
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You can but there’s no special route into medicine for PAs as yet, except perhaps in Scotland and there you have residential requirements as well.
If you’re a graduate thinking to do PA but you think you want to do medicine I would advise first of all seeing if you can get some work experience with both. However, I would also advise considering just doing medicine because chances are that same bug will be biting after you graduate from PA.
For medicine you have the standard undergraduate route open to you and also the graduate entry route if you’re a graduate, although this is competitive.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (50)
30.12%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (73)
43.98%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (41)
24.7%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.2%

Watched Threads