miss.00
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I just recently started studying Psychology but don't know anyone who has. Just wondered if there were others studying it and could help or advise?
spygirl123
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by miss.00)
Hi, I just recently started studying Psychology but don't know anyone who has. Just wondered if there were others studying it and could help or advise?
heyy i did gcse psychology and im going to start alevel psychology in september. some advice would be prepare yourself for a lot of content.psychology isnt hard to understand - its just mostly memorising.Its mostly about case studies and if you like it ,it will be really easy.Its repetitive which is good as there are many similarities between case studies.I say for every topic makes notes so its easier to revise for all together at the end .Good luck
miss.00
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by spygirl123)
heyy i did gcse psychology and im going to start alevel psychology in september. some advice would be prepare yourself for a lot of content.psychology isnt hard to understand - its just mostly memorising.Its mostly about case studies and if you like it ,it will be really easy.Its repetitive which is good as there are many similarities between case studies.I say for every topic makes notes so its easier to revise for all together at the end .Good luck
Hi!!! Thank you for your reply. So i completed my GCSEs and A Levels and now doing a Psychology Degree but i have never studied it, do you think it puts me at a disadvantage? I have noticed there are a lot of case studies and names to remember. I am enjoying it so far, just obviously helps if i knew someone who had studied it. Good Luck to you too !!
Jas.acs
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by miss.00)
Hi!!! Thank you for your reply. So i completed my GCSEs and A Levels and now doing a Psychology Degree but i have never studied it, do you think it puts me at a disadvantage? I have noticed there are a lot of case studies and names to remember. I am enjoying it so far, just obviously helps if i knew someone who had studied it. Good Luck to you too !!
I'm doing Psychology A-level and honestly it's not too bad it's just different studies to do with Memory, Attachment, Social Influence, Psychopathology etc. in class we mainly just learn about the different studies and evaluate a lot of them. I'm sure that you can search many of these studies online just for wider reading maybe that could help build some general knowledge in the area. There isn't really any exam technique to answer the questions as well so that's good. But I definitely don't think you'd be at a disadvantage because you'll be learning new/different stuff on your spec anyways!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.37%
Okay (64)
29.77%
A bit lacking (81)
37.67%
Not good at all (52)
24.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed