Alevelz2018_2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I want to ask for some advice about what I should do with this friend.

They never text first, they always decline my calls when I asked them if I can call and they said yes, and they keep airing me for no reason. They also hardly respond with full sentences it’s usually a one word answer and they never view my message until I have to remind them that I texted them.

Should I cut them off?

Thanks for the help
Last edited by Alevelz2018_2020; 1 month ago
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
With so many people you can befriend, you don't have to put up with your apparently uncaring friends.
Alevelz2018_2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
With so many people you can befriend, you don't have to put up with your apparently uncaring friends.
Thanks! But I find it a hard time to make friends
andie1111
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lets be honest here, whats the point of a friendship if only one side is putting in the effort. People like this i hate, if they don't show any interest then drop them, its a waste of your time and you're most likely better off without them.
zay_da
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The same thing happened to me. I let it go on for a few months but then I started to do the same thing. I wouldn't text first so we would go day without talking. Even when i used to see my friends they would leave me out and not even talk to me. I thought it would be hard for me to make friends again since I've been friends with my friends for over 5 years. But I now realise that time doesn't matter. I had another friend who helped me realise their behaviour and she gave me the strength to leave them and honestly now I'm grateful that I'm not as close to them anymore. I still talk to them sometimes and just ask how they are and things like that. luckily I have found much better friends. friends that involve me in things that they do. I'm not gonna lie but it was hard for me for the first few months but then after i was fine. Its completely up to you weather you want to cut them off. that's your choice but you shouldn't have to put yourself through this.
glossygrapess
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alevelz2018_2020)
Hi everyone, I want to ask for some advice about what I should do with this friend.

They never text first, they always decline my calls when I asked them if I can call and they said yes, and they keep airing me for no reason. They also hardly respond with full sentences it’s usually a one word answer and they never view my message until I have to remind them that I texted them.

Should I cut them off?

Thanks for the help
it depends tbh. an ideal friend is someone you can trust, you can most importantly study with and someone you can chat to. your friend should also seem like a good influence on you and shouldn't really be getting into trouble. if you do cut them off, remember you went to school to study first and then make friends
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alevelz2018_2020)
Thanks! But I find it a hard time to make friends
Let me introduce you to Cocomelon33g43, hakim667, Luke_s.23, sunny.side.up, emily528, and Biubiu43.

Feel free to chat with them anytime.
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've saw this exact thread like last week. :curious:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads