Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which food is the best to gain weight?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Pasta is the easiest / cheapest. You can eat pasta everyday for a month and the weight is gonna pile on quite fast. Obviously, calories matter - so it's gotta be more calories than you're losing.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
cloudline9
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Rice! and it’s a very inexpensive food to buy.
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
anything rich with protein and calories.
thrivingfrog
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ReganMarca3)
Carbs like pasta and bread helped me
wildered
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nuts / nut butters, dried fruit and dark chocolate are all healthy high calorie snacks.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Alcohol.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Greasy junk food.
Lots of dairy, potatoes, sugar, fried chicken, suet containing puddings, fatty meats, refined grains and booze.
Highly processed foods containing an abundance of: calories, carbs, saturated and trans fats.
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
An obscene amount of chocolate milk
username5746816
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oats oats oats. Mate trust me, making yourself a nice hearty bowl of oat porridge every mourning has done me wonders. My goal is 13 stone. A couple of months ago I was 11st. I've now reached 12st so half way there. It's my go-to meal for breakfast and brilliant if you want to gain weight.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Millionaire caramel shortbread. And it's worth the risks
SamLRC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ReganMarca3)
Protein is the healthiest way to gain muscle mass, if you want to gain fat then you need to consume more calories, anything will work (ice cream is my favourite)
pinkpanther079
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eat sweets ... cakes, candies, you name it.
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Greasy junk food.
Lots of dairy, potatoes, sugar, fried chicken, suet containing puddings, fatty meats, refined grains and booze.
Highly processed foods containing an abundance of: calories, carbs, saturated and trans fats.
I'm hungry now. :drool:

(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Millionaire caramel shortbread. And it's worth the risks
Those are nice. Used to get boxes of them from Tesco.
jenerous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Pasta is the easiest / cheapest. You can eat pasta everyday for a month and the weight is gonna pile on quite fast. Obviously, calories matter - so it's gotta be more calories than you're losing.
Is it? I eat pasta mostly everyday and see no changes in weight. Unless you mean eating pasta at every single meal.
jenerous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Junk food, consumed regularly. Although the weight thing would depend largely on your metabolism.
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jenerous)
Is it? I eat pasta mostly everyday and see no changes in weight. Unless you mean eating pasta at every single meal.
Every single meal, every day. And then some. Mainly it's just cheaper and easier.
beangates8
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
High-carb cocktails, Chocolate... Cheeses
Nobalitude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Greasy junk food.
Potatoes probably not. A baked potato is a nutritious meal and helps people lose weight. Same with fatty meats - contain a lot of proteins so helps keep one fuller for longer.

Gaining weight is simply eating more calories than your daily requirement; anything in excess is bad.
Nobalitude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Synergy58)
Oats oats oats. Mate trust me, making yourself a nice hearty bowl of oat porridge every mourning has done me wonders. My goal is 13 stone. A couple of months ago I was 11st. I've now reached 12st so half way there. It's my go-to meal for breakfast and brilliant if you want to gain weight.
You're joking... right? Oatmeal (such as porridge) for breakfast is renowned for helping people lose weight because it helps those become fuller for longer. Are you sure it isn't something else you're eating during the day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads