dartagnankillian
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Long story short: I did one year at a university, then started again at a different university. I applied for a 3 year degree. I understand sfe calculates the number of years they'll fund by [number of years of your degree] + 1 - [years you've already studied], so I had 3 years of funding to cover my whole new degree. However, I've just finished second year and have managed to secure a YINI placement. While I can afford to pay my own tuition fees that year, I'd rather not. So my question is, could I get sfe for that year? Technically, since I'll be switching to a 4 year degree (from a BSc to a BSc with a Year in Industry) I could have an additional year of funding made available? I don't want to apply for sfe that year and then be told I can't get it in my final year. Sorry if this is long!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by dartagnankillian)
Long story short: I did one year at a university, then started again at a different university. I applied for a 3 year degree. I understand sfe calculates the number of years they'll fund by [number of years of your degree] + 1 - [years you've already studied], so I had 3 years of funding to cover my whole new degree. However, I've just finished second year and have managed to secure a YINI placement. While I can afford to pay my own tuition fees that year, I'd rather not. So my question is, could I get sfe for that year? Technically, since I'll be switching to a 4 year degree (from a BSc to a BSc with a Year in Industry) I could have an additional year of funding made available? I don't want to apply for sfe that year and then be told I can't get it in my final year. Sorry if this is long!
HI, based on this post - I understand the following:

You have 1 year of previous study, you started a new 3 year course which is now changing into a 4 year course (the course is the same).

As long as the course is the same and your not changing courses then you can change it from 3 years to 4 years for the placement.

Your calculation will be 4+1-1=4 years of funding.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (26)
16.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.81%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
27.78%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (28)
17.28%

Watched Threads