whelppp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in year 11 and don’t know what subjects to pick next year for A level. I will most likely do a science degree (most likely chemistry) or maybe dentistry/medicine. So far I think I will pick either Biology or Maths, but definitely will pick Chemistry and Psychology. I enjoy both Biology and Maths and I’m hoping for 9s in both and an A in further maths GCSE but which subject would be easier to achieve an A/A*??
amanra1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
id say maths if you are good at it
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by whelppp)
I’m in year 11 and don’t know what subjects to pick next year for A level. I will most likely do a science degree (most likely chemistry) or maybe dentistry/medicine. So far I think I will pick either Biology or Maths, but definitely will pick Chemistry and Psychology. I enjoy both Biology and Maths and I’m hoping for 9s in both and an A in further maths GCSE but which subject would be easier to achieve an A/A*??
Hey,

They look like great subject choices for a science degree! I did Psychology A-Level and I really enjoyed it. Although it was a lot of content (as most A-Levels are), there is so much variability and interesting content. I wouldn't say one is easier than the other to achieve an A/A*, obviously, they are dependent on the overall grade boundaries. However, if you are willing to put the work and time in there is no reason why you can't achieve top grades!

Hope this helps,
Sian- UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads