Tell me a time when you received negative feedback

Watch
Lemon 24
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
Can someone pls help me on how to answer this question and can u pls give me an example. I've got an interview soon and I'm freaking out.
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I

(Original post by Lemon 24)
Hi,
Can someone pls help me on how to answer this question and can u pls give me an example. I've got an interview soon and I'm freaking out.
I would say
I received some constructive critism when I did (say what it was and give the situation, improve attention to detail in coursework) then bring in another example of how you improved (for the next piece of coursework I improved by 10% as I really focused on this skill and now it's a strength)
Flip the question from talking about a weakness and to saying how it motivated you to make a new strength.
Does that make sense?
The question wants to know how you react to a potentially negative situation. If you said I felt really sad or angry flipped the table got depressed and never tried again that woild be the wrong answer. But if you said I reflected on my work, and improved, was calm, made a new strength if become a very psotive question.
If you want to give me an example of a time you received negative feedback I will give you what I would say in your position, if you want that is?
achieve526kk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are some of your weaknesses?

When we are phased by crests and Feedback we evaluate to provide insight into Ownership to seek plausible solution to counteract it from we can strengthen our acknowledgement and understanding by leverage support of external source to form further clarity and clarification on subject and adjust our style of working being flexible and adaptable in utilization own intuition and initiative ownership and responsibility ensure we identified errors of discrepancies and small rooms for improvement, leverage the liaise and communicate effectively Thru experienced manager tutors on feedback value their diverse feedback to identify where I can rectify the mistake ensure future attention to errors and exposure to risk is mitigated respectively. when we are phased by own weakness we strengthen the area where is identified by providing ownership to mitigate risk and exposure to erros by seeking supoor from experienced team members through collaboration nurture cultivate motivare each other help support areas on which we values as our weakness to turn them into our strengths.
Lemon 24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Roasted Potato)
I

I would say
I received some constructive critism when I did (say what it was and give the situation, improve attention to detail in coursework) then bring in another example of how you improved (for the next piece of coursework I improved by 10% as I really focused on this skill and now it's a strength)
Flip the question from talking about a weakness and to saying how it motivated you to make a new strength.
Does that make sense?
The question wants to know how you react to a potentially negative situation. If you said I felt really sad or angry flipped the table got depressed and never tried again that woild be the wrong answer. But if you said I reflected on my work, and improved, was calm, made a new strength if become a very psotive question.
If you want to give me an example of a time you received negative feedback I will give you what I would say in your position, if you want that is?
Hi yes pls can i have an example. Thank you.
Roasted Potato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi yes pls can i have an example. Thank you.
Okay
Urrm it's quite common to recieve constructive feedback on a piece of coursework or exam. Say my attention to detail (proof reading spelling grammar and punctuation) if you do have a quantifiable improvement defo mention that (by like that I mean a percentage improvement or a grades improvement, so working in a team, improved the time it takes to do tasks by 3 minutes, essays and coursework you can mention grades, percentages or marks whichever sounds best)
So I would say I received some constructive critism on a piece of coursework I did on Shakespeare in my English class, it was to improve my attention to detail. After receiving this feedback I rewrote the essay, using a similar question and handed this in. My marks improved by 10 marks and have been consistently improved making my attention to detail a particular strength of mine.

I can do an example using some feedback you have received before if you want? The answer doesn't need to be long or complex or include lots of fancy words! You just have to be you 😁
Lemon 24
Rep:
?
yes pls, i got some feedback from each assignment of my IT coursework
Lemon 24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Roasted Potato)
Okay
Urrm it's quite common to recieve constructive feedback on a piece of coursework or exam. Say my attention to detail (proof reading spelling grammar and punctuation) if you do have a quantifiable improvement defo mention that (by like that I mean a percentage improvement or a grades improvement, so working in a team, improved the time it takes to do tasks by 3 minutes, essays and coursework you can mention grades, percentages or marks whichever sounds best)
So I would say I received some constructive critism on a piece of coursework I did on Shakespeare in my English class, it was to improve my attention to detail. After receiving this feedback I rewrote the essay, using a similar question and handed this in. My marks improved by 10 marks and have been consistently improved making my attention to detail a particular strength of mine.

I can do an example using some feedback you have received before if you want? The answer doesn't need to be long or complex or include lots of fancy words! You just have to be you 😁
Hi, So i will need to do a role playing part in the interview where i need to sell a piece of jewellery to the interviewer. So can you pls give me some tips on how to tackle this. thank you
Hazzz01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
when my blood glucose dipped, 10 pts if you get it.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you don't have an answer just make one up on the spot that sounds believable.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
See if you can think of a genuine example, of course this then needs to be followed up by the learning you took from it to become even stronger.
Roasted Potato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, So i will need to do a role playing part in the interview where i need to sell a piece of jewellery to the interviewer. So can you pls give me some tips on how to tackle this. thank you
The key is to understand the product and understanding the buyers needs and match them up. You probably wouldn't sell a fairy necklace to a refined older gentleman looking for a watch.
Ask questions about the product, make, material, price
Ensure you sre prepared to make the customer feel like you have worked for them, specially picked it out, spent time doing it and customers value it more.
Then you can approach the customer
Greet them
Hello how are you doing today
Then say
I have a stunning range of jewellery today, lovely quality, would you be interested in any of the pieces?
(no point in selling to someone who is not interested, it would just waste your time)
Then say
What in particular are you looking for, did you have a budget in mind?
(this opens a dialogue and makes the customer feel like you are interested in their needs and wants)
I have just the thing you are looking for, this perfect silver necklace is perfect for weddings or parties, it has a gorgeous moon pendant with special bits of sparkle as a highlight. And it's only for 10.99. What do you think?
(include the information about the product, relate it to what the customer wants it for, if its wedding's say wedding and if its a prom say prom. When you say price include the word only £xxx as it feels cheaper)
I hope this helps! 😁
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
I don’t waste my time with competency based interviews. Just make something up or tell them to **** off with their dumb scripted questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.62%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.64%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.72%
Financial worries (24)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.09%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.9%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.14%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.25%

Watched Threads