haizw
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I will be taking psychology AL in the coming year and I want to know if it'll be a lot of essay writing and if it's a really difficult subject. (cuz I'm an international student and I'm afraid I won't do well in essays)
ism41l_16
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am currently studing A level psychology and I must say it is a very enjoyable subject for me. There is a LOT of content to remember including AO3(evaluation) and lots of theories and experiments to remember. There is generally quite a bit of essay writing but most of it is pretty easy to get to grips with. For me, i'm not a very good writer either but I am still able to secure good marks on these questions because they follow the same general structures. Overall, if you revise the topics and revisit often and do active recall a lot, you could find this to be quite easy because all the subject is, is basically heavy content but content that is easy to understand.
SB1234567890
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Completely agree with the above but also the fact that there are overlaps in the content means that it is easy to reduce the content that you have to revise and you have a lot of flexibility in terms of the AO3 points that you want to remember for each topic
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by haizw)
I will be taking psychology AL in the coming year and I want to know if it'll be a lot of essay writing and if it's a really difficult subject. (cuz I'm an international student and I'm afraid I won't do well in essays)
Hey

I did Psychology A-Level and I now do it at degree level! I really enjoy it, I think it's such a diverse subject concerning content and learning styles, however, there is a lot of content to know. I enjoyed A-Level Psychology because there was so many different styles of learning- for example essay writing, research methods, statistics (only basic at A-Level), practicals, experiments etc!

I felt this provided me with a lot of applicable skills, regardless if I was going to do it at Uni or not.
If you're unsure, maybe search the exam board specifications up and see if it's your kind of thing!

If you have any other questions, let me know
Hope this helps,
Sian- UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.71%
Excited but a bit nervous (114)
45.42%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.15%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.73%

Watched Threads