Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
how many marks/words should the written work submitted to oxbridge, particularly oxford, for history be? I have only really written 20 mark essays this year and I am worried that if I submit a 30 mark essay from my new course in September which I won't have finished, I will have a limited knowledge of it at interview as I wont even have finished the course.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
and also does it have to be from year 12?
liverninthered
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Around 1500 words, no more than 2000. Marks are irrelevant. It does not have to be from year 12.
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
While I can't speak for Oxford, broadly Cambridge are looking for written work that you've done in the course of your studies that you would be willing to talk about at interview. We want to see something which has been marked by a teacher so we can see the sort of feedback you're getting on your classwork. We'd like to see something that demonstrates your ability, but it doesn't have to be perfect - we'd prefer that it's a topic you are willing to discuss rather than something that's perfect but you have nothing to say about it. Work can either come from Year 12 or year 13, but we'd recommend something relatively recent (rather than the beginning of year 12, for example) because you're more likely to have got into the swing of studying at A Level standard.

In terms of how many pieces you will need to submit, and their length, your college will inform you of this after you have applied. Colleges vary in what they want, but broadly a short timed answer would be too short and a whole Extended Project would be too long. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (30)
28.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.62%
No I am happy with my choice (58)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.77%

Watched Threads